Discuss Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seriously why is 1mm used for lighting sometimes and 1.5 others.
What I don't understand is how you can ask that when you've apparently learned and passed the 2330 course. Didn't cable calculations come into it? Even if you can't remember how to do one you must have an idea what they are about.

What I don't understand is how you can ask that when you've apparently learned and passed the 2330 course. Didn't cable calculations come into it? Even if you can't remember how to do one you must have an idea what they are about.

Calculating the cost per metre, maybe

there are 3 levels to 2330

most people start at level 2.

level one is for special people like lofty, the tell tail sign is they struggle to figure out which end of a screwdriver to use.

surely the fool understands that you choose the breaker size depending on the required cable size.

e.g. b16 60898 mcb for a radial.

there are 3 levels to 2330

most people start at level 2.

level one is for special people like lofty thst struggle to find which end of a screwdriver to use.

surely the fool understands that you choose the breaker size depending on the required cable size.

e.g. b16 60898 mcb for a radial.

? Nothing wrong with that i know, but 20A is standard for a radial.

Also, never new that there was a level1 2330 lol you learn something new everyday.

We had are say tread old and dead now
35718.jpg
Sing Lofty.....!!

would you guys have used a chisel and bolster for this ........

I could have deffo done with another sparky on site to ask me what the hell I was doing that day but at least im learning fast.

seeing as ive never filled before what filler is best for the job......

........I just wondered hat a possible solution would be. Im thinking tape up the cut outs as best i can and then fill it with filler as best I can.

My assesor for the nvq could see I was struggling and said that I could go and work for him as he had a company on the side and had some boys working for him. I was amassed at the offer and took him up on it. He said if I take pictures of everything I do he will help me get round the site diary

.......Ok so the house im in needs an outside light at the front of the house simple enough and this is how I was going to do it.

theres a light in the hall literally as soon as you open the front door there it is above you on the ceiling, its a pendant fitting. I was going to run either 1mm or 1.5mm twin and earth from this down to the switch. the brown would obviously go into the centre fitting (perminent live) (loop in loop out terminal) to the common of the switch then the blue I was going to terminate into the nutral of the rose and then a connector block inside the switch obviously the earth will go from the earth in the pendant to the earth terminal at the switch. then I would run a 1mm or 1.5mm cable to the light with the brown going from l1 to live at the light and neutral from the neutral in the connector block at the switch to the neutral at the light (2d fitting) earth to earth.

Is that how you would do it ?.........

how do I know wether to use the 1mm or 1.5mm

Seriously why is 1mm used for lighting sometimes and 1.5 others.

Lofts, you're using the forum to get blow by blow info on how to do your jobs. I already warned you here about this. You've also been warned here and here.

Closed

Effort on that Marvo. Hats off.

Lofts, you naughty boy/girl.

He'll only start a new thread, once he's back from stripping the few inches of 2.5 he started at 8am.

Reply to Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net