Discuss Joining existing cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Oh yes you can wago box And they even do a wogo box XL now

The Wagobox XL is only rated to 32A and connectors up to 4mm2. I've used these and found them really more suited to lighting circuits, instead of having 2 or 3 smaller boxes. The larger connectors won't fit into the internal slots.

You can fit the push fit red wago connectors into a standard wago box, they are rated to 41 amp it is a bit of a squeeze though. The 6mm cable will go into a standard wago if you remove the black cable grips (which you don't need with a 6mm cable as the side grips hold it in place) However I have used the click boxes in the past which are also good.

Got any photos? Not a product I know but the name rings a bell.

One I found while clearing out the van today.

2019-01-27 13.39.55.jpg
2019-01-27 13.40.18.jpg

The two halfs push and twist together, then can be secured with a cable tie round the middle to prevent tool-less opening.
Cables enter through the ends, which are also threaded 20mm holes, then can be secured with cable ties with the struts at the ends.

Great product. Shame they didn't last.

I remember them now! Used to see them advertised, but have never used one. I still prefer the 60A junction box though. MK do a nice 30A junction box that will accept 4x 6.0mm cables. Neither are MF though.

Will that still be considered MF ipf? like the idea, but just questioning the vaugeries of the rules.

No, but a crimped connection doesn't require an MF enclosure, it is one of the alter alternatives for an inaccessible connection.
If I remember correctly the options are:
MF joint
Crimped connection
Soldered connection
Resin encapsulated connection

Use Ashley J803 0r 804. Bin the connectors inside and replace with insulated through crimps. Complies with regs. Maintenence free, cables secured against strain at their terminations, non flame propogating enclosure. However I only use this method if it's really hard to rewire. Rewire is the safest option. If the neighbour has won the lottery you could fit an AFFD and sleep soundly LOL

Use Ashley J803 0r 804. Bin the connectors inside and replace with insulated through crimps. Complies with regs. Maintenence free, cables secured against strain at their terminations, non flame propogating enclosure.

Not so sure about that, altering a manufactured product to suit.

Reg 526.3 (vi) Equipment complying with BS5733, for a maintenance free accessory & marked with the 'MF' symbol & installed in accordance with the manufactures instructions.

Connexbox only give their Wagobox an MF status, when using their Wago 222 and 773 connectors.

Altering the Ashley box, as suggested, would not keep its MF status, IMO.

Wagobox XLA is rated to 41Amps.
They also make connectors for up to 6mm cable (773 series) and are also rated up to 41Amps.

I have used the connectors a few of times now.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/wagobox-xla-junction-box/412ft#product_additional_details_container

Reply to Joining existing cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net