Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Perhaps DECC discovered buying up the stock of panels is cheaper than appeal costs!

All panels out until April fools!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had that email - was going to post in here - god good its panic buying all over again - or its a good ploy to up there prices, i need not worry i would never use a supplier with such under hand tactics.

Just spoke to SEGEN and they have confirmed that panic buying has returned.

Seems a lot of people are just reserving the stock!!! SEGEN have said they will only reserve stock for 24 hours then it goes back up for sale.

Just heard Greg Barker babbling on radio 4 about how it will cost consumers billions if they lose etc. etc.

What nobody seems to be asking is that if the scheme was so flawed (he blamed labour for setting it up) then why did they not act sooner (as they did for >50kWp) and introduce, for example a sliding scale of FITs. They could have reduced the FIT rate by a few pence every month which would have had the effect of reducing the overall FIT cost in line with what they wished to do with the sudden cut (and failed due to the goldrush!) whilst at the same time maintaining a sustainable solar PV industry and incentivising suppliers to reduce their prices in line.

“We want to maximise the number of installations that are possible within the available budget rather than use available money to pay a higher tariff to half the number of installations. Solar PV can have strong and vibrant future in UK and we want a lasting FiTs scheme to support that future and jobs in the industry.”

The Appeal Court judges will make a decision on whether to grant permission in the next few days; if it is granted, the case can go to the Supreme Court. If permission is refused, Government would still have the fall-back option of applying to the Supreme Court itself for permission to appeal.

why are people panic buying and putting ads out at 43.3p !!!! still NOT 100%

Barking also said something along the lines of that for every one installation that gets 43p two would lose out compared to if the rate was 21p. Now 2 x 21 = 42 which is very close to 43p! Am I missing something to do with admin costs or present/future values or is he talking rubbish?

yep, we are still no more certain than yesterday.
also, I don't believe the rush will be like november. those that wanted to get in mostly got in

I don't think the Government will ever win this case and as we all know are just trying to drag it out.

It's a difficult one but I think that people that install before March 3rd will probably get the 43p but won't know that they are going to get it until the government loses the last battle.

Hardly a valid sales point and I would not repeat this to my customers.

Think I'll pop a system on my mums house now anyway :)

Just heard Greg Barker babbling on radio 4 about how it will cost consumers billions if they lose etc. etc.

What nobody seems to be asking is that if the scheme was so flawed (he blamed labour for setting it up) then why did they not act sooner (as they did for >50kWp) and introduce, for example a sliding scale of FITs. They could have reduced the FIT rate by a few pence every month which would have had the effect of reducing the overall FIT cost in line with what they wished to do with the sudden cut (and failed due to the goldrush!) whilst at the same time maintaining a sustainable solar PV industry and incentivising suppliers to reduce their prices in line.

Because that requires common sense - that's something you don't need to be a politician, and don't forget it hasn't snowed unless it snows on Westminster! They don't have a clue what's happening out in the field.

Well, as far as I'm concerned it's still 21p until Mr. C-rated and his cronies confirm otherwise. It really does take a special kind of idiot to panic buy today, given things are far from settled. Anyhoo, at the moment I am not bothered, because our first order of the year arrived this afternoon. A nice 4kW system, sold on 21p. I am happy (or less grumpy than usual according to the wife). There'd better be stock available.....

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, too busy running around in circles making chicken noises to pick up the phone and buy anything.
Alternatively I might just go back to watching the film on iplayer I was watching!

the madness started slightly earlier than I thought.

We currently may or may not have the Sanyo 250's we need for customers who'd confirmed in last few days. The order is in, but from the wrong warehouse, and Segen ain't picking up the phone to confirm either way.

We'd almost filled our Feb order book in the last few days anyway regardless of this nonsense, now we're just going to be struggling to source kit for when we need it again.:furious3:

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net