Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So where does that place those who have installations between the 12 December and the 3 March as regards their FIT payments from 1 April, until the Supreme Court makes up its mind?

Will they be paid at the 21p rate, until a supreme court ruling, and then if DECC loses expect to receive a cheque covering the underpayments?

Will they be paid at the 43p rate until a supreme court ruling, and then be chased from energy companies for the overpayments if DECC wins?

Will interest be charged on the underpayments/overpayments?

43p til April, 21p after that until the ruling and a back payment if the government loses. But one thing is for sure they've stopped the second gold rush.

I had four jobs booked in for Feb at £0.21, ordered kit for three of them last night., just in case, ordered fourth one at 1pm, all modules sold, this was K, which is not a small wholesaler by any means, I think the gold rush has started, at least all my quotes are based on lower rate so no comeback later if it goes ---- up.

Is there a customer goldrush, or just installers burnt in the last one stockpiling equipment in expectation of a customer rush?

I could be wrong, but I can't see many being willing to take a gamble of £000s when they will not know for certain what the outcome of that gamble for a year, particularly in today's economic climate.

On the other hand, I suspect some customers who ordered in the last few days banking on DECC losing today, will get cold feet on learning that it will not be resolved until late in the year, and will use the 7 day cooling off period.

Give me a baseball bat, Greg Barker ,Chris Huhne and an empty room for an hour, and i'll personally pay the difference if the 43p doesn't go ahead. :furious3:

I think some installers have jumped the gun here and risk being left with a lot of spare kit.
I'm sure some will now be quoting at 43.3p (as some already have been)

So let me just get this straight, it has been announced that the tariff is 43p until 3rd March. BUT, the government are going to supreme court.

If the government win at supreme court does this mean that all the installs between now and 3rd March will go to 21p?

So, we can legally sell at 43p but if the government wins at supreme court who will be in the wrong the installer or the government?

How the hell are we meant to sell Solar with such uncertainty about the main incentive which is how much you get paid....

I'm going through so many emotions now! :(

Just sell at 21p then theres no probs !!! all those selling a 43.3p and panic buying are crazy??

I say the installer would be in the wrong for selling at 43 if they know it could really be 21p

I have had calls today from other installers asking for inverters ??/

and a big national asking if we can start installing on 6/2/2011 ??

no, you cannot sell at 43p. (well 43p til April then 21p). technically the rate at the moment is 43.3p because the GOvernment lost it's case. but if you sell at that rate and they win the appeal you could be liable for the whole of the customers losses over the 25 year period and be guilty of misselling, as you knew what the situation was.
basically you sell at 21p and anything else is a bonus for the customer.

Anyone want to know the experience of a punter? (me!)

I wanted to get a PV system last years, but in November it was all a bit mad with panel shortages and the uneasy feeling that the people who were available were probably not the best installers, as the best ones were already booked in advance.

Tried this year (assuming 21p) to get a series of quotes, but of course its all gone mad again, so am I doing well if I buy now as there is chance I get 43p (I read ruling as December 12th - March 3rd 43p at the moment, supreme court overrule then its 21p all round) or am I going to pay over the odds for panels as the distributors are going mad and trying to make some money.

More or less tempted to say sod this and wait for April when the madness subsides and I know its 21p, the problem is with roof space for ~4KW system - projection over 25 years is massive difference for 21p to 43p. If I could be sure I was not getting done on the panel price, and able to get a well experienced and stable installer I would just order now as normal.

One thing I can say with 100% certainty as a punter, none of this helps anyone in the industry I expect or the consumers. The only people winning is the government budget that was badly planned and administered.

I know this is going to sound stupid but surely selling at 21p is also misselling as the tariff is actually 43p.... So much uncertainty its ridiculous. I feel like i'm being bullied by Chris Huhne and Greg Barker :(

SHAMBLES SHAMBLES SHAMBLES!!!!! all kit gone already!!! absoloute ******** !! im not even getting involved now dont need that stress again plus suppliers just getting rid of kit they wernt gonna flog anytime soon!!! just means we now have to wait till april for it all to settle and get the bits missing from the last debarcle!!!

I handed over a deposit last night for a 4kW system to be installed next Thursday. I'd like to bet the same deal would be £2K more today!
I gambled on the government losing and the tariff reverting back to 43.3p though still accept that an investment at 21p is better than anything else on the market at the moment.

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net