Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is all very distracting, is this a serious industry or just mickey mouse !! Even the head of the industry cant get his point across on C4 news ! C-rating c-rating please can the government get on with releasing the FIT reform statement so we know what the future holds not a quick buck flash in the pain ! I'm pricing for multiple LSEG but can not give a definitive answer on what happens after 1 April.

It is easy to understand how we all see this differently and by the volume of emails I have received today why it is also easy to jump with both feet to agree to the sales bumf that 43p is reinstated however while it now sits at the supreme court nothing has changed. 43p is not reinstated in any certainty. I have read several emails from national installers that we should act now as the government has acted illegally and the 43p is now back so buy now to not loose out again. Total sales rubbish and miss-selling.

OK the 43p MIGHT be reinstated for systems installed between 12th December 2011 and 3rd March 2012 but until the supreme court rules we just don't know.

GLAD TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phone is ringing again for solar but im saying NOOOOOOOOOOOPOINT wont be able to get gear!stress!shingles! NOT WORTH THE HASSLE even if you can charge pre december prices with gear (if u can get it) at post december prices! WHY DONT THEY JUST GO WITH 21P SIMPLES (but thats the problem) too simple!!

I know what you mean powervan I fell really ill at Xmas after all the stress pre the 12th. If only politicians realised the suffering they are causing while wasting money in other areas of the economy...

I think clarification from REAL would be very useful at this point in time.

I'll be on the phone in the morning asking, not sure if they will have any answers though ...

I think clarification from REAL would be very useful at this point in time.

I'll be on the phone in the morning asking, not sure if they will have any answers though ...

Do you think they will give you a straight answer? Their only goal is to tell us we are miss-selling and slap our wrists (Unless you are a large national and then you can do what the hell you want!) I'm very disappointed with all the regulators and scheme providers for their total lack of support and communication over the recent weeks. After all its not like WE pay THEIR wages is it?

I'm down Butlins for an Adult Weekend from Friday- This is my break after the last rush haha- I will come back feeling worse than before I went.

Anyone want to know the experience of a punter? (me!)

I wanted to get a PV system last years, but in November it was all a bit mad with panel shortages and the uneasy feeling that the people who were available were probably not the best installers, as the best ones were already booked in advance.

Tried this year (assuming 21p) to get a series of quotes, but of course its all gone mad again, so am I doing well if I buy now as there is chance I get 43p (I read ruling as December 12th - March 3rd 43p at the moment, supreme court overrule then its 21p all round) or am I going to pay over the odds for panels as the distributors are going mad and trying to make some money.

More or less tempted to say sod this and wait for April when the madness subsides and I know its 21p, the problem is with roof space for ~4KW system - projection over 25 years is massive difference for 21p to 43p. If I could be sure I was not getting done on the panel price, and able to get a well experienced and stable installer I would just order now as normal.

One thing I can say with 100% certainty as a punter, none of this helps anyone in the industry I expect or the consumers. The only people winning is the government budget that was badly planned and administered.

Responsible installers should only be quoting you the 21p price, and responsible suppliers should be holding their price on kit - as mine are. It's the stock levels that will be rapidly depleted by chancers trying to speculate. You could still get a 4kWp system sub £10k if you act fast (memories of November spring to mind) if you are happy with the 21p rate - but please contact your preferred supplier immediately to avoid the 1st April uncertainty that we are yet to face!

(we are as embarrassed as you as to the state of the industry)​

I'm down Butlins for an Adult Weekend from Friday- This is my break after the last rush haha- I will come back feeling worse than before I went.
Im not shouting :) onest!! REF ADULT weekend ? we talking no kids ? or bit of swinging :)) i would join in but when i strip off my SHINGLES rash may ruin my chances :)))) lol

As an anecdotal, we finally commisioned a ~50kWp installation today which we gave the customer every chance to cancel once the announcement of the reduction first came in (6 weeks to complete current installations my a**e - have they not heard of planning regs), but he still wanted to proceed thankfully. We also had our first enquiry this year yesterday @ 21p...and of course the phone has been ringing stupid today after the recent announcement (of nothing really of substance), spam has gone through the roof, and supplier warnings of stock shortages have been received...good luck to us all.

I handed over a deposit last night for a 4kW system to be installed next Thursday. I'd like to bet the same deal would be £2K more today!
I gambled on the government losing and the tariff reverting back to 43.3p though still accept that an investment at 21p is better than anything else on the market at the moment.

A company gave me two prices 7k for 2.5kw system at 21p but if rate was 43p it would be 9.2k, I was told all down to supply and demand of panel pushing up prices. I said sounded more like you think I'll make more so will be happy if you take a bigger cut? .......Silence.

Anyway told the company I had cheaper quotes from companies guaranteeing quote for 30 days.

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net