Discuss Niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

The NIC do seem to be falling by the wayside a little, especially with domestic.

I joined Elecsa due to the attitude being far superior.

straight from the mouth of mr cable in a college full of 80+ electricians in training on the 2330 and 16th edition the niceic used to come round and do q&a talks. one of the guys said "how can i do the job for my assessment ? do i need to notify the council?" tony told him directly he had no need to notify the council as he could use it for his assessment and need not pay the labc for their efforts. they really do need to sort out their stance on this one. the guy did question him saying he still thought he had to inform labc to which he was told NO, no need if you are going to be assessed by us as soon as you have done it ie within the 6 weeks you need not do anything.
i will ensure at the next nic talks in college tony will be quoted this directly and ask him who is right. him or the people on the other end in the hq.

As one of the older contributors to here in a way it does make me sad to see the NICEIC come to this, and I'm sure there are quite a few ex NICEIC assessors and guys who have worked for them see how the organisation is regarded.

I had a great relationship with them in the 90's they were helpful and supportive always there for their members a lot like the NAPIT's and ELECSA's are today. What changed them was this Part P and the competant persons scheme. They had the idea as they were the only kids on the block it would be their domain but the government opened it to other schemes and the NICEIC got left behind as the others adapted and developed the procedures quicker. Talking to ex NICEIC guys they told me it was a dedicated effort on their part to diverse into publications and training and away from the guys on the front line, that is why so many left to do other things.

In a way I hope that sometime in the future they will reverse this trend, they are basically a good organisation, but IMO they seem to have lost their way.

Is he really called Tony Cable?Its such a good name for an electrician.I think he is a really great character and Dave Austin also but I'm going with ELECSA anyway for reasons mentioned.

hi pontymassive
good post I have also been having problems getting the answer to this. So like you have contacted Elecsa and waiting for a telephone call. Hopefully i will also get the same answer and then register with them also
cheers

Last edited:
All the guys joining Elecsa, if I PM you all with my reg number you can tell them I recommended you and I can claim my discount vouchers.;)

Or is this being a little cheaky:confused:

well guys i passed my assesment today he was here 2.5 hrs

he was a great bloke went through all assesment with ease and he wasn't here to trip me up at all he wanted me to get through it

:? like i did

well done elecsa you put others to shame ..

asked loads of questions on bs7671 building regs
went through testing certs and schedules

tested my install for zs and rcd times.

happy everything was ok n shook my hand

i am now part p registered

Reply to Niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net