Discuss Rated People dot con in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Presto

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so thought I'd start by asking for your experiences on rated people.com? I've had nothing but grief - total waste of time. Seems the general public are still more than happy for cowboy DIY man to do it for less than half of somebody with proper qualifications like me? The only people making money are in fact ratedpeople.com - keep away I reckon!!

Another Groundhog day also I have just done a feedback survey for Screwfix on Rated people and told them I am not interested in them as they get multile sparks to pay them to quote for 1 job so when one guy is cutting his own throat to get it and 4-5 other guys paying for the privalage of not getting it

They were ringing my phone today .. What is there costs ? As some say don't do it if not worth your while. Do you have to pay monthly/quarterly subscription?

some make it pay, some don't. @ i=p/u, afaik, they do a trial ÂŁ10 for 3 months, with leads costing ÂŁ4 upwards. if you buy leads carefully, you can make it pay. i think llandrillo spark uses them a bit.

I get the emails with job alerts although i said i didnt want it after a month trial.

I even quoted a job really cheap just to see what happened and i still didnt get it! There is some gimp in the area who takes every lead and runs round quoting probably half price. Still you can be a busy fool, or just busy. I know what i prefer!

Tried the free trial during January and bought a few leads. Priced some cheap to get me out of the house, still didn't get the jobs. When attending site to give a price some of the routes and ideas the other guys had were quite frightening. I think there are guys doing electrical work who aren't qualified, Rated People should be asking for some qualifications and insurances to register IMO. Only winner out of this is Rated People ( and folk signing on looking for cash in hand ).

The problem is they have an advertising budget plus they pay Google to be first spot on the search next to service magic although I do get people asking me about them and I say it only drives down standards and you get what you pay for

exactly. bloody parasites. if customers didn't use them, they'd be searching for a local spark who'd probably be able to give testimonials of previous work done in the local community instead of feeding these leeches.

The advertising of these parasites conveys the impression you'll get a good job, but if they allow anyone who will pay them to quote, perhaps ultimately it will be their undoing, when it is more that you are guaranteed a cheap and shoddy job if you take one of the cheap quotes. Perhaps some of these sites should be on Rogue Trader?

Service Magic - they are the experts at ripping us tradesmen off. None of the leads I purchased from them even existed hence I told them to poke it. They should all also do a feedback area for the customers, that way we can see who wastes people's time. I drove 20 miles to quote for a job the other day - got an email 3 days later to say he had decided to use his brother-in-law - I was the only one that purchased the lead so my point is why put your details on rated people when you had no intention of using the poor sod (me) who purchased your details? And, I couldn't get a credit because I had actually quoted and when rated people asked the customer he confirmed I had quoted so complete waste of ÂŁ11 + vat.

You can bet their T&Cs are watertight if someone gets injured from a so called electrician but it would take a test case to prove that they have legal obligation to ensure the person they send to quote for the job is qualified to do it me thinks they will not get away with its not our problem as they are telling the customer that we will send 5 electricians to quote for the job.

Also got a call one time when a guy said I can get a CU for ÂŁ250 can you do any better I replied well good for you but I am surprised you have phoned me I don't do cowboy jobs

Service Magic - they are the experts at ripping us tradesmen off. None of the leads I purchased from them even existed hence I told them to poke it. They should all also do a feedback area for the customers, that way we can see who wastes people's time. I drove 20 miles to quote for a job the other day - got an email 3 days later to say he had decided to use his brother-in-law - I was the only one that purchased the lead so my point is why put your details on rated people when you had no intention of using the poor sod (me) who purchased your details? And, I couldn't get a credit because I had actually quoted and when rated people asked the customer he confirmed I had quoted so complete waste of ÂŁ11 + vat.

Service Magic are are pure sales but as our market is fully saturated then there are plenty of mugs trying to break into the industry that are gullable. They were calling me and sending me jobs to quote for 30 miles outside Edinburgh but for me its only worthwhile to do Edinburgh and the close surrounding area

paying money to 1 person in order to just be able to bid on a job for another person ?
**** , you must be desperate to buy into that nonsense lol.

Reply to Rated People dot con in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net