Discuss rcd protecting tails again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

then you'll have 2 30mA RCDs in series. not only will you have no discrimination, but you'll have no division of circuits in the case of a fault tasking out the entire installation.

Tel that was n.i.c 's answer as well.

Tell the good old nic ure gonna sling non-maintained emergency lights in every room LOL just incase the installation decides to die ...

They're full of shyte anyway so you may aswell fling some of it back there end

No DC isolator.
Just a FYI, those sunnyboy inverters have a black plastic pull out at the base that's actually a dual pole cut out, and classes as a DC isolator, so that aspect of the install wasn't actually a problem.

probably more by luck than judgement though.

Just a FYI, those sunnyboy inverters have a black plastic pull out at the base that's actually a dual pole cut out, and classes as a DC isolator, so that aspect of the install wasn't actually a problem.

probably more by luck than judgement though.

Believe me I'm no solar expert but I believed the dc isolator had to be lockable. I'm probably wrong though.

Lol.... Clever stuff that capping!

always amuses me when the decorator insists he thinks I should be using capping so that people can tell where cables are with one of them thingies.... Until I bring in a bit of plastic capping.

always amuses me when the decorator insists he thinks I should be using capping so that people can tell where cables are with one of them thingies.... Until I bring in a bit of plastic capping.

equally amusing is how many that feign competancy cling to the belief that its somehow `mechanical protection`...

never ceases to amase..

a wood butcher told us we should use it the other week. we almost always do (good practice) but in this particular case was totally unnecesary. don't think he believed our reason, which was as your #66 post sir!

Last edited by a moderator:
i suppose if you wanted to be pedantic (an ar5e!), you could say it mechanically protects against spreads trowel!!!:wink5:

The next time someone (a customer, a spread, a wood butcher, a wet pants, or a decorator) tries to tell me my job Im going to nail a piece of metal capping to the wall and then proceed to drill it to kingdom come with a wood bit, an SDS, a HSS bit, a large nail and hammer, and ....so on. Won't say a word, will just leave them to study it.

The next time someone (a customer, a spread, a wood butcher, a wet pants, or a decorator) tries to tell me my job Im going to nail a piece of metal capping to the wall and then proceed to drill it to kingdom come with a wood bit, an SDS, a HSS bit, a large nail and hammer, and ....so on. Won't say a word, will just leave them to study it.

make sure you use the chippys' shiniest one a few times through it!!

522.6.101 has to be complied too, regardless.

onions you either get back whoever to sort it, or you stick to 1 of the options in that reg.

Not sure i understand the 7pages for something so 'black-n-white' lol!

;)

Believe me I'm no solar expert but I believed the dc isolator had to be lockable. I'm probably wrong though.
It does have to be lockable, this is classed as lockable because you can put it in your pocket and take it away with you.

I don't like to rely on them though as it's not obvious enough, even with a label only someone familiar with those inverters would realise it was the isolator.

Reply to rcd protecting tails again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net