Discuss Single phase board with rcbo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dress the cables neatly, take a bit of time to do the job to a good standard instead of that mess.
Cleat the SWA so that the gland isn't stressed like that
Put the RCBO earths in the right places

I would also put some female brass bushes on those males to avoid nicking those singles coming in from the grid switch.

Take a bit of time to dress the cables properly. That lot looks like it's been bunged together in a hurry. Why is the SWA entering the cu at a 30 degree angle?
Strip of all the outer sheathing on the twins then separate the cables into groups of cpc's, neutrals and lives. Terminate all cpc's followed by neutrals then lives.

Last edited:
Surely you can see that's a mess? Armour is poorly terminated, the rest isn't much better, would only take seconds more to get the conductors the same length and swung in at the same angles.

I agree that the SWA is not just messy but likely to be stressing the board case and the SWA strands in the gland. A proper dressed bend is needed before re-glanding it.

Although this isn't an RCBO board, here's an example of one of my boards done a couple of years back, this isn't perfect and I knocked one of the lives out of straight before taking the picture but the job took an hour and a half start to finish [apart from testing], someone got let down by their usual sparks and the place was being let two days later so I ended up doing this at 8pm on a Friday night !

photo (2).jpg

Dress the cables neatly, take a bit of time to do the job to a good standard instead of that mess.
Cleat the SWA so that the gland isn't stressed like that
Put the RCBO earths in the right places

and ferrule the ends.

Although this isn't an RCBO board, here's an example of one of my boards done a couple of years back, this isn't perfect and I knocked one of the lives out of straight before taking the picture but the job took an hour and a half start to finish [apart from testing], someone got let down by their usual sparks and the place was being let two days later so I ended up doing this at 8pm on a Friday night !

View attachment 30053

tidy except the visible copper on the incomers.:28:

That board is a complete mess! You don't need pointers on how to make it tidy..... You need to go back to school!!

i wonder if that armoured would fall out if I got my pet mouse to blow at it??

tidy except the visible copper on the incomers.:28:

I did cut 5mm of copper off the tails and re-do them, only took the picture to e mail the owner of the place to confirm the job was done and put his mind at rest as he was stressing about the tenants on the way and no working electrics ! :smiley2:

Here's one I done a while back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 102
That's more like it , not criticising in any way but although I've bunched wiring with small cable ties for neatness before I wonder if it can have an adverse effect on dissipating any heat build up when the circuits are 'busy' ?

View attachment 30053

And that's a cracking job!

Reply to Single phase board with rcbo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net