Discuss Site Canteen in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well…that was eventful. Made a bit of a light-hearted speech about how good I was...lol. Had to pretend that I knew how to use an ipad, book some materials out and load it onto the van. Then had to drive up and down in the van a few times. And since it was double bubble for a Sunday it just eased the pain a bit. The apprentice might be in a bit of bother though. He made a casual remark about how good it is to be a spark and how he wouldn’t like to be in a dead-end job like serving behind the tills at a well known supermarket. Can’t see them using all the film recordings. The advert is only about two and a half minute long. :)

The vending machines have been replaced and restocked, I bought a new microwave and Fridge and the canteen has just had an industrial clean and a lick of paint (switches on Christmas lights) theres a few beverages in the fridge and a takeaway menu on the table...thats the heaters on :)

Sticks a few Christmas tunes on the jukebox and puts 50p into the pinball machine and beats the highest score. :43:

Ok, all the food is on the tables, fridges are stocked up. Disco lights are set up. The smoke machine is chucking out nitrous oxide. Lets get the forum new years eve party on the road with a tune. I want to see everyone throw a few shapes, especially the young ones.
[video=youtube;mIQToVqDMb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQToVqDMb8[/video]

Just seen a notice that said to “Drink Canada Dry” , so I’ve started. How long do you all think it will take? :17:

Oh my God, the drinking games have started.
Drinking games.jpg
And the sparkchick wins!:hurray:

Time for a game of “Ring of Fire“. It’s where you drink shots of vodka through the eye. :party:

Just cruising through the dusty crevices of the internet since the night shift has spectacularly gone pear-shaped. Time to use that spare time to build a pyro board. :tounge_smile:

[video=youtube;UrDXSvXI-tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDXSvXI-tc[/video]

Mood lighting set up…..CHECK
Beer in the fridge…..CHECK
Football tunes on the jukebox…..CHECK
Nibble on the tables…..CHECK
Face paints and temporary England tattoos…..CHECK
Pizzas in the ovens…..CHECK
Cheer leaders organized…..CHECK
Ice cubes in the freezer…..CHECK
Large screen projector set up…..CHECK
Song sheets on the table for the karaoke…..CHECK

That Time Again
Have we finally learnt our lesson, do we finally know the score
Has reality come home to roost and knocked on every door
In a land where blind conviction never ceases to amaze
When you weigh up all those barren years, dashed hopes and early graves
Have we woken up with open eyes and seized the reins of truth
Are we reckoning on nothing; it’s the basement not the roof
Or yet once again has reason from our senses taken leave
Has it forced us to declare in hope; in England we believe
From the cobbled streets of Holmfirth, to the Kop and to the Den
Can we see our Lions prowling, can we count upon these men
Will they interrupt the Samba and evoke the ghost of Moore
Will they burn out, will they whimper, will we hear three Lions Roar
From the Peckhams to the Beckhams, from The Bridge up to The Lane
From The Valley to The Cottage, is it four more years of pain
Are the car flags and the banners just reminders to forget
Or will Gerrard’s Cross find Rooney and will Rooney find the net
It’s that time again for all of us, that time when we unite
Let the Scots cry Argentina, let the hand of God be right
We won’t shy from blinkered passion, so it’s time we gave what for
From the Stretford End to Rovers, from the Hawthorns to Turf Moor
We will rally, we will gather, we will throw all colours in
For our Team and for our Country, for our Queen and for our kin
And when all is done and dusted and they’ve dragged us through the dirt
We’ll still celebrate the honour of Three Lions and The Shirt

I hope the boss appreciates all the effort we have gone into to make tonight’s nightshift a more productive one.:biggrin:

Damn it! I’ve just burned the pizza. Ohhh well…while we’re waiting, some toilet humour to keep us going. :D

[video=youtube;C2Z9JnxhZvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Z9JnxhZvk[/video]

The gaffer has just gone ape over the state of the canteen and asked me which one of us was stupid. I told him everyone knows that he doesn’t hire stupid people. :sifone:

Barges into the canteen and finds the place abandoned. Looks like grantr37 hasn’t mopped the floor in ages. Ohhh well… best get on with it then! Got to get this place shipshape for tonight’s unofficial Crimbo knees-up…I mean night shift;). Switches on the heating. Cleans the floor. Switches on the pinball machine. Hangs up the festive decorations. Fills the fridges with Sparky Juice and PME Export. Pizzas are on order for laters. Sticks £1 into the juke box (for fox sake, it was only 50p the last time I was in here). All that’s left to do now, is to get into my Santa outfit. I would just like to give a shout out to all the secretaries who don't need to dress half naked to get the attention of Santa clause. Stay classy! The rest of you, form an orderly line and come with me:D!

Reply to Site Canteen in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net