Discuss Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You need to ask the Kitchen company for an Electrical Installation certificate for the work done, post it on this forum for consultation.
I agree it's unlikely they have one, but the contractor should produce one, insist on it, if it was me I would see a solicitor for advice, wish I had taken the company in my case to task.

The primary contractor (presumably Magnet) should have got the electrician and plumber in to do their first fix before they put the cabinets in. The electrician was probably on a tight schedule (maybe a day or two) to get everything done on budget and wouldn't have been able to chase the walls with the cabinets in the way.

If you want the cables chased into the walls they'll have to rip the kitchen out and start again, but this time do it in the right order. Someone will have to pay for that.

OP, any change of some pic where the SWA enters the CU & isolator.
Are there circuits for the kitchen new or modifications to existing circuits?

OP, any change of some pic where the SWA enters the CU & isolator.
now that may well riuin our peaceful sunday afternoon ( it is sunday isn't it? if not, i should be eleswhere.)

now that may well riuin our peaceful sunday afternoon ( it is sunday isn't it? if not, i should be eleswhere.)

Just spent 2.5 hours editing & rendering a vid for the daughter to put on her Youtube.... Ok we all did go out for ice cream while it finished the thing off.

I'm just setting up the bbq, lashings of beer & wine. Just gotta find some idjiot to stand out in the sun & cook. :rolleyes:

Throw another shrimp on the Barbie.

Are there circuits for the kitchen new or modifications to existing circuits?

Careful, or teletext will get his mate ceefax onto you
will be looking over me shoulder .
191976d7ec50615322ece3b77f72c5d0.jpg

I agree it's unlikely they have one, but the contractor should produce one, insist on it, if it was me I would see a solicitor for advice, wish I had taken the company in my case to task.

I have noticed the “rise” of the notified work with no certificates passed to the home owner ......... The BBB clearly states that the EIC or MWC should be passed to the owner ...

I have noticed the “rise” of the notified work with no certificates passed to the home owner ......... The BBB clearly states that the EIC or MWC should be passed to the owner ...
Nothing new there mate that's always been the case.

Reply to Twin&earth and SWA installed loose on floor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net