Discuss Windy! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimmymac

I was awoken in the early hours by a loud crashing noise, I looked out of the window but I couldn't see anything. Then at 7 am the neighbour knocked me up to tell me that my dog kennel had blown away....I went outside to investigate and it was gone....and so was the dog! This Scottish weather is terrible!

dog should have been inside. you scots have it all wrong. dog inside , wife outside.

- - - Updated - - -

oops, too much contact with geordie.

My daughter has just phoned me from Wales. There are parts up to the roof in water, cars are being swept away and the sea has burst it's wall. As we used to live on the prom, I am relieved not to be there.

So glad your dog is ok Jimmy.

I am still awaiting the crash of next door's chimney stack as it falls through their bedroom ceiling.

I had a REALLY fun 20 mile drive this morning taking the mrs for a hospital appointment, gale force winds going there, slippery road and on the way back....a BLIZZARD....couldn't see more than 50 yards for about 5 or 6 miles...then nothing...weird weather....
Weather reminded me that the driver's front tyre really was in need of replacement..(on the 1.6mm limit).....£73 lighter....but the car now handles like a car rather than a drunken shopping trolley......

The building i was in collapsed it outer stonework writing of a car and slope factory glass roof pain were lifting and smashing all over... been a weird day but no one hurt luckily ill post pics when im sober ;)

ironic thing on the news this morning. reporter was standing in a flooded street, reporting on the scene, while standing slap-bang in front of a 6ft.x 3ft. sign advertising scuba training and equipment.

This was at my kids' school

DSC00952.jpg

first time i've ever seen a tree trying to copulate with a shed.

**** me. how strong is that shed?!

Yeah I know, I was looking at it today wondering how it didn't totally wipe it out. Apparently its a summer house so might be a bit stronger roof.... But still, that's a lot of tree.

Love weather like this. Love spending £150 on tanalised timber. Love spending all Saturday rebuilding fences.

Reply to Windy! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net