Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
Hi A little problem.... I have a 5 amp and 2 amp circuit. The 5's are fine etc The 2.Amps use a "Clock Socket/outlet" . 4 wires , 3...
Replies
Views
A 20 amp DP switch is rated to switch a max load of 20 amps right? Being told this afternoon that they can only be installed on a circuit that is...
Replies
Views
just seen this in a mag, does that include floodlights etc?
Replies
Views
wayne
W
Is there a 230v 3 pin commando polarity tester that is a reasonable price? I have seen the Martindale one at £45.00 Ideally i would like one about...
Replies
Views
L
Been to a job this morning where a guy had 230v downlighters class two in an outside bar area, they are RCD protected, is this permissible or...
Replies
Views
LlandrilloSpark
L
Hi, I have a regular customer who owns a row of shops with flats above, he has a weird setup as regards fire protection, the two ends have 24v...
Replies
Views
2330 202 sample questions 1 but not the answers i will do them at a later date :D see attch
Replies
Views
2330 202 sample questions 2 Sorry no answers yet will follow :D
Replies
Views
M
S
Hi im currently about to start my last year of my C+G 2330 Level 2. Is it possible for me to take my inspection and test (2390?) without paying...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
T
Hi all, on my way back from abroad after 20 odd yrs :mad:, can anyone tell me what my c&g 2367 Part 1 is equivalent to these days, looks as though...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
D
I am planning on taking up a course on the 17th edition wiring regs - 2382, and was curious as to how hard it was, baring in mind that i am on my...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
as title. posted in general to get more views than it would in trainee. rebus are offering 2382 as below: Enjoy a 25% Discount...
Replies
Views
A
well ive passed the written and the praticle is next week. now then i think this is for shakey........... has anybody been onto the walled...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
A
Hi all has anyone received their results from the 2391 sat on october 21st 2010 ? i have e-mailed the trainng centre i used and they siad they...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, first time on this forum. I took the December 07 exam, passed, the pass rate is 33%. I have tried a search on the forum for the Chief...
Replies
Views
A
D
hi chaps, i have my 2391 practical exam tonight and have a few things playing on my mind, I'm sure i will have to test a 3phase db with a final...
Replies
Views
T
hi everyone, just had my 2391 practical and passed it, think my firm did it a bit backwards, but anyway have to do the theory soon just wondred if...
Replies
Views
TAZZ123
T
D
Hi guys Just found this forum I have to re sit the theory exam on my 2391, does anyone no of a tutorial DVD or computer program on the subject...
Replies
Views
D
S
Correct me if i am wrong but when i went to college i had to test and inspect my own work and was led to belive that it was one of my...
Replies
Views
P
Is there a 2391-20 Design and Verification Course near Plymouth,i have completed and passed my 2391-10 and am looking to progress further. Stay Safe.
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have my 2394 practical coming up soon and wanted to know if you can do a global insulation resistance test rather than individual...
Replies
Views
Matt85
M
M
I know it's supposed to be 45 working days but does anybody know if they tend to come out a bit sooner?
Replies
Views
B
got my 2394/5 assessments and written exams in august. Was wondering if anyone could help me with learning material. I am reading GN3 as much as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just thought I'd say best of luck to those who are doing the 2395 written exam tonight. I am doing it too, Best of luck
Replies
Views
W
Hi, Just went round to a customer who wants the ring extended in the garage, Prelim checks found no continuity on live, OK on E&N. When power is...
Replies
Views
S
stumbled on this site by accident while looking to solve my problem. as a spark of 25 yrs finding the topics very interesting and i hope to be...
Replies
Views
sparkybaz
S
i was asked to check why a tank heater was not working properly today an came across something im pretty sure is wrong. but was wondering if any...
Replies
Views
B
I am currently studying for the 17th and in my course notes I came across something quite unusual. Now correct me if I am wrong but the course...
Replies
Views
can anybody tell me what size sy cable I need for a 25kv 3 phase temp generator please to power a 3 phase machine lathe
Replies
Views
D
A few years ago I installed the small recessed deck kits within my timber decking, due to the amount of lights and with it being external I...
Replies
Views
delboy78
D
J
Do they exist, I have just inspected a job and seen 25mm tails extended under floor boards in standard Henley 25mm tails block, can you get 25mm...
Replies
Views
E
So I set up my company this week, starting advertiseing today. As the title of this thread says 3 CV's already!!!!!
Replies
Views
alarm man
A
B
Hi there, i have been asked to help design an installation for a new house which is very large. it has a 3 phase supply and i need to run some sub...
Replies
Views
boris1348
B
Hi guys don't do alot of three phase so bare with me, am I right in thinking for example if your feeding three phase equipment say 60 amp, you...
Replies
Views
L
Hi my 3 phase knowledge is limited but ive got a 3 phase commercial property to wire, my mate is a designer so will be having an input but as far...
Replies
Views
liam b
L
T
Hi all, Just an enquiry.. Our company have recently moved factory's. I am talking a very small unit. At the moment there is one TPN distribution...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, we have a 3 phase 415V 36kw furnace. Just wanted to know the fuse needed for each phase. we put a 40A fuse for each phase and 1 phase...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm making a 3 phase furnace with heating coils. Total power rating is 5 KW. I have to make one heating element for each phase. How do I split...
Replies
Views
hi all I am fitting a rotatory isolator in series with the panel door mounted isolator on a star delta radiac saw. The current main isolator...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, Is there a 3 phase juncltin box commonly available? I have a 3 phase board (small low useage) and would like to run 2x sub mains (single...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was called to a job this morning where the 3 phase supply was showing low voltage on two phases? The voltages where L1-245v...
Replies
Views
I have got a 3 phase motor running a conveyor belt, every couple of days it will trip the overload. I have tested the motor, windings are ok, not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys with the star delta motor starting controls I know you have 3 contractors, the main, the star & then delta. The star contractor is looped...
Replies
Views
I work in Broadcast television as a broadcast systems designer. I have seen in recent months a trend that is worrying (not sure if it is legal)...
Replies
Views
N
Hi Guys, Im helping organise a Computer Event at a specific venue and we were wondering whats the best way of finding out the power capabilities...
Replies
Views
Latest fact finding mission for you gurus to help me learn about Todays problem was a quarry pump not running, guy went out and meggared the...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have asked a electrician about the mic level i would need to power the following machines a 45kva cnc mill, a 32kva cnc mill and a 60 kva...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 3 phase socket to change like for like does anyone know what tests have to be carried out after
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m in a bit of a quandary at work and need a couple of things clearing up if poss. I’m the maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have been asked to install individual three-phase supplies for a band saw and table saw. Having trouble figuring out the correct cable...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back