Discuss BAD wiring- what can the customer do? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did you mention you have allready started rewiring? if so bit late now. although through experience of simmilar issue of napit i believe not agreat deal would be done about it rotten to the core.

Did you mention you have allready started rewiring? if so bit late now. although through experience of simmilar issue of napit i believe not agreat deal would be done about it rotten to the core.

Yep, already started. I never in million years thought that she would turn up with a certificate! Thought it had been some un registered cowboy, turns out to be a registered one! Luckily, regardless of the faults on the circuits, the lack of knowledge re the earthing arrangement cant be argued with if NAPIT do send an inspector!

Who's going to prove who done what? she moved in after the work was done. So a mistake or two was made on the test sheet over the earth system and earth size.

Poor workmanship just endorses the fact that part p does nothing to help its paying members, just gives the good guys of the part p a bad name.

More of this should help get rid of part p and its members.

I think just the one example should be enough to lead to the suspension of his membership! Or is it that they would rather get his annual fee, than protect the unwary public?

That sums it up, doesn't it ?

The standard of work is awful, the chances of any action against the previous installer(s) are probably non existent.

On another note, can anyone understand why someone would buy a house for say £200,000 and not have the services checked by the relevant trades?

It just amazes me, people buy a second hand car for say £5000 and get a mechanic to check it over! Weird!

Reply to BAD wiring- what can the customer do? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net