Discuss BenQ Panels - grounding in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Don;t you love it :)
Got an isntallation to do next week with BenQ 325's and now our suppliers are offering PM318B01 in lieu of the PM096B00, and it would appear that the 318's need grounding..

I Don't have a problem with the array, (used to do that anyway ..) however it also says:

PM318B00/PM318B01: For optimal performance, BenQ Solar modules must only be used in configurations with galvanically insulated inverters where the positive (+) polarity of the PV array is connected to ground protected by a fuse

Anybody done this before and if so how did you do it?

Thx

Update:

12 panels facing East - which inverter ??? not TL ?

Last edited:
Andy, it's got to be mounted outdoors. Sheltered, though still Outdoors - Is that OK?

Just read the install manual , guess it's Ok (IP65) to go outdoors :)

Just run it though PV*Sol - the Eltek gives the best performance of them all :)

Yep, I've put twin 4.4's in on a single phase 9.5kWp system before, nice piece of kit.

Reply to BenQ Panels - grounding in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

T
Further to my recent thread: Will a Solar PV install payback sufficiently for pensioners when bought with a loan? I know without a loan the...
Replies
Views
R
As someone with a keen interest in solar I am a long term loiterer on this forum, so thought it was time I joined. I also have a puzzle I can't...
Replies
Views
C
Firstly under normal circumstances i wouldnt even entertain this idea and have already advised against it. However... Is there a problem with...
Replies
Views
T
Hi I have agreed a PV installation on my South facing roof with a local installer. They listened to my requirements (I have limited roof space)...
Replies
Views
B
I have just had installed a Aurora power one split invertor and have 6 250W Solarworld panels facing east, plus 6 facing west. How do I know if...
Replies
Views
fiardor
F

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock