Discuss client does not want to pay? but work is not complete complaining?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi mike, well done for posting this up as it obvious has opened the door to some critersism twoards you/the company. By asking the question it does show your willingness to please and do a good job that is a compliment to you none will doubt. That said wagos and tape inside a cupboard is not acceptable, and you should never give an EIC untill all the works covered under that cert are completed, as others have said though you should refrain from contacting the customer direct and deal everything through your boss.

Mike, just worry about your boss paying you...the customer and this job is his problem.

The quality of work inside this cupboard is another matter though, is he telling you to do it this way?

he messaged my boss saying he isnt happy the way they are wago'd

my arguement is the work is unfinished and the solution is wago box's but they wont pay for the time to do it

he messaged my boss saying he isnt happy the way they are wago'd

my arguement is the work is unfinished and the solution is wago box's but they wont pay for the time to do it

To be fair though mike to the customer, if I was in their shoes I wouldn't be willing to pay to correct sub standard work. Couldn't you of installed an enclosure for all the connections of the extended cables or even some trunking and made the connections there?

we had contracted work. and the control 4 was aditional work. i had to make sure the contracted work was completed first. so i would be working on the control 4 when i had no more contracted work. soon as i had contracted work i would jump back onto that after i finshed where i was up to on the control 4. but due to disagreements with time etc client didn't want to pay for things

truncking would of been hard to install with the ammount of transformers installed there is literally no space
Sounds like it is going to be rather warm in this cupboard, with no space and loads of transformers. Out of interest and bewilderment (no offense) have you accounted for thermal effects?

Sounds like a complete pigs ear. I'd fix it with cable shears and do it properly from the beginning again. Maybe relocate some of the units, maybe build a framework to hold them with less use of wallspace, maybe a more advanced cable management system.

I have snookered myself with wiring and terminating before, being too optimistic with how much kit would fit in a small area and finding the resulting layout too difficult to work in or properly manage the cabling. You just have to stop, backtrack as far as necessary to remove all the compromises and suck up the loss of time and material. But I do tend to work on some very compact, complex gear where you can't fit a smoke packet in the leftover space.

I would be doing what your boss asks, unless it was non-conforming, potentially dangerous, . If the client is not happy then it is your boss's problem to sort out.
What ever your boss tells you to do. Has your boss got the hump over it with you then?
Unless what he asks is non-compliant, or potentially dangerous. In which case I would refuse to continue until things were resolved.

Reply to client does not want to pay? but work is not complete complaining?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net