Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

we really going to have a vote on leaving the eu?
When's that going to happen?
If the PM was going to listen to the people we would have had it already not in a couple of years, think he just hopes we will forget about it so when he loses power he can get a nice job in Brussels just to top up his pension as we all know it's hard work being a politician and you have to be well qualified to do it, it's not like you can do a 5weak course, the pay is not that good, bonuses and expenses are next to nothing and the pension is one of the worst in the world

Time to get out ! out ! out ! :dots:

That's why the tories got elected, cos they where the only 'credible party' offering a referendum.
Even people that are idealogically opposed to the Tories voted for them.
That's why the pollsters got it so wrong. just my opinion.

We need to stop the mass hoards of unskilled labour and unvetted, economic migrants who hate our values, and way life.

The tory deal is not for hard working people - merely a veto on employment rights, and anything else detrimental to the interests paymasters in BIG business.

The country is full, roads are gridlocked, NHS can't cope, I could go on forever..............

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't redress the amount of money they would lose if the UK left the EU.

Thats the real reason the EU don't want the UK to leave.
no, because we are nett contributors. turkey would be a taker. like spain. sod 'em. if they can't manage an economy, why should we all pay excessive taxes to support them.

When Turkey join 2020 if goes to plan then the EU would have to input more money into Turkey than the UK inputs in the EU - now at 55million per day that we contribute then that is one massive drain on the EU purse and guess what will happen to our contribution?.. YEP it would have to increase by quite a sum.

back in the 70's, when the original referendum was taken, i voted no. everyone i've ever spoken to since then says that they voted no. so why was there ever a yes vote? figures juggled by wilson? would camearron do the same if the majority voted no now?

back in the 70's, when the original referendum was taken, i voted no. everyone i've ever spoken to since then says that they voted no. so why was there ever a yes vote? figures juggled by wilson? would camearron do the same if the majority voted no now?

they did the same with the UKIP vote in the last GE, apparently they actually got 89% of the vote

You might want to consider leaving the UK then. It's been a consistent supporter of Turkey's membership. Turkey, by the way, has been an associate member since 1963, long before we joined the EEC.

someone needs to show camaroon a map.turkey is in bloody asia,

5% is in europe. that's the bit north of the bosphorus. and they probably stole it anyway.bloody turks. they sided with germany in ww1 if you remember.

So is that a done deal, a few boxes to be ticked and Turkey gets to join the club in 2020 ?

The EU is desperate to expand, it already has its eyes on Turkey due to existing relations and has given them some conditions to conform to so as to be allowed to join the ever failing EU, the problem is Turkey is a muslim country and is torn by the same issues other muslim countries fall foul of, that is the divide between the differing Muslim groups- this see's regular terrorist attacks most that never reach the news as it doesn't often effect the 3% side of Turkey that falls in Europe and we know as the holiday resorts, also to remember is the remaining 97% is actually in Asia not Europe so begging the question why financially cripple the EU by asking them to join.

I cannot see why the EU would want Turkey considering its going to be such a drain + the expected migration as they become EU citizens will be large -Hmmm maybe this as been more a strategical effort with regards to military position - if Turkey is in the EU then we have a country NATO could use that would give us a military strategic positional advantage- I may be wrong but there are too many negatives to have Turkey join unless we had other motives.

Of course they are not going to tell us the truth :thinking:.... but how ever you look at it, it will hit you me and J.Bloggs in the pocket if they join.

Here a Pro's and Con's list... some of the Con's are scary indeed to be allowed into the EU :icon9:

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/focus/...d-against-turkeys-eu-membership/#.VrTMYPmLTIV

Last edited:

point is they not to be trusted.

point is they not to be trusted.
And what part of the unelected Merkel machine is trustworthy ... they would probably fit in well with the smoke and mirrors of the Brussels brady bunch :sifone:

So there isn't a plan already in place for them to fully join the big boys club in 2020 ?

Negotiations are ongoing, the plan is 2020 as a set date, there are those who oppose and those who are for it... yes there is a plan in place par ce' but whether it will come to fruition is another thing Turkey has alot to get in order like human rights violations to start with, also the biggest stumbling block for them joining is Merkel herself as she is against the move which usually she is considered the voice of Europe and the most powerful women in the world, what she wants is usually the outcome but tides are changing and her open door invite to immigrants has massively backfired on germany and the EU and she has lost alot of ground and influence on this massive misjudgement, that decision could be her and the EU's downfall so making a call on Turkey joining is very hard at the moment, but like I say - this seems to have military strings attached which would mean the EU would find a way to bring them in otherwise the invite would never have occured in the first place.

Turkey will never be full member, over the past few years they've moved further away from compliance with AC - find yourself an itemised list of the numerous chapters, they've just pandered to the compliance requirements. This shouldn't be a surprise seeing as so few Turks actually think joining is a good idea - other than our fool there's very little support for them joining - to suggest otherwise is just scaremongering.

I forgot to ask - where did this 2020 come from ?

Last edited:

Turkey will never be full member, over the past few years they've moved further away from compliance with AC - find yourself an itemised list of the numerous chapters, they've just pandered to the compliance requirements. This shouldn't be a surprise seeing as so few Turks actually think joining is a good idea - other than our fool there's very little support for them joining - to suggest otherwise is just scaremongering.

I forgot to ask - where did this 2020 come from ?

Your not seeing the full picture, its a very strategic position not just for Syria but other, lets say big players in the world.. the whole Turkey joining issue is a lot bigger than the sum of its parts - when the military need to position themselves for an advantage on many fronts then you either invade and take over or you make sure they join your party.. invading Turkey is not an option and this isn't just the EU here, I smell the USA are pulling strings here, this is part of the reason the USA is so against us leaving the EU, it has little to do with trade but more so military politics.. if we are out the USA has less influence as we tend to be its military lapdog as has been proven so many times before.

Oh yes and I forgot - Turkey has a magic bullit, they are basically demanding to join or they will flood the EU with immigrants ... tbh they have the ACE here, Turkey is run by a corrupt Islamic leader who has already had meetings with Merkel on this subject, when Merkel agree's to make a deal like she already has, it shows how bad things are for the EU, letting Turkey in may be the only way to stem the migrant flow which is derailing the EU and breaking it up.

This isn't propaganda - these meeting were done last autumn, an agreement wasn't made to meet both parties needs but 3billion was handed over to help turkey cope with the influx (Well thats what we were told) but still Turkey let anyone through who wanted to, this led to fuelling the continuing crisis and is still ongoing... it could see Turkey join before 2020, which was a date drafted in an EU document if I remember but it could have just been a estimated figure.

Last edited:

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net