Discuss Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

give it a rest or i'll have to go on holiday again.
thats 2 quals you'll never have lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've all popped their clogs! There is a new, younger breed in the know now and the new teachers always perform better than the old teachers and the new students always get better marks. That stuff you are on about is so yesterday, get with the times, stop with that fuse wire and start fitting RCD's!

I recomend a quick Electrical Trainee course followed by a couple of years at college to refresh yourself on modern electrickery. You'll get there in the end pops, just stick with the program ........ :smile:
Bugger off you daft so and so lol, Joking aside though, there are some brilliant engineers on this forum and I bow to them with respect. That aside there won't be many guys out of the thousands of members here who own a JIB Technicians Card like me Cocker, I don't doubt you may, so to those who mock us older generation I say stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I listened in to the NICEIC / ECA / Elecsa call on Tuesday and Emma Clancy stated that the majority of the responders had indicated that they had faith in the QS system - to which I conclude that the people that stated this are the ones where 1 QS "oversees" loads of sparks.

I wonder what Ms Clancy will say about this report now!!!!!!!!!!!1

I listened in to the NICEIC / ECA / Elecsa call on Tuesday and Emma Clancy stated that the majority of the responders had indicated that they had faith in the QS system - to which I conclude that the people that stated this are the ones where 1 QS "oversees" loads of sparks.

I wonder what Ms Clancy will say about this report now!!!!!!!!!!!1

Their statement is here :- Elecsa - ELECSA News

Extract from Emma Clancy's statement:

"“Whilst we welcome many of the recommendations made by the committee we believe the requirement on all individuals, irrespective of the size of the firm or the work the individual undertakes, within a business to be fully qualified places a huge onus on firms,” commented Emma Clancy CEO of Certsure, which operates the NICEIC and ELECSA brands.

“To have all employees up to a Quality Supervisor (QS) level will push up costs and reduce the need for apprentices. The industry will suffer in the long term. It is also no guarantee to raise standards"

Well Ms Clancy - I would venture to suggest that the NICEIC/Elecsa/Napit etc al are doing little or NOTHING to improve standards - all you seem to concentrate on is prosecuting people for misuse of your logo.

We want ACTION not words, to raise awareness, for the schemes and Government to raise awareness, and get people who are NOT COMPETENT prosecuted................

So basically she is saying all firms need is one properly qualified sparks, the they can employ who the hell they want to carry out the works? That is what is killing the industry that sort of attitude.

A higher level is inspection prior to joining a scheme, a whistle blowing system so "dodgy" sparks can be reported and spot checks on work........

Agreed that a scheme member or QS should be competent but where is this line drawn? 2391 although dosnt exist now, not NVQ3 surely?

spot checks on work sounds good but how does that work if you sometime work locally and sometimes not?

I've had a read through of the report and on first impression it's exactly the fudge that I and many others expected it to be. There's nothing to stop the gravy train, nothing to stop the scams badging up anything that moves, they'll be allowed to sell training courses so they can issue their own NVQ 3s.
So plus ca change, plus cest la meme chose.
I've said it before, the scams exist because the rank and file sparks allow them to.

How things change. It used to be the unqualified doing jobs for clients that were doing the trade in. Now it's the 'qualified incompetents'......all above board.
Trying to rebuild houses on crumbling foundations.

Reply to Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net