Discuss Shocked by Altius in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lloyd1980

Hi all
Just wanted to share with you a shock I had today
have been contacting burger king and other franchises about becoming an approved contractor on their lists.
spoke with man high up today in burger king who told me they utilise a company called SGP and it is their list i would need to get on
so I go on their website trying to sign up
in the smallprint it says to be a vendor you need to have satisfied the Altius assesment process
I go on altius's web site and imagine my horror when I saw the anual fees to be on this scheme
£399 a year plus £200 for the set up so £599 initially
for this they send you an online questionare you have to pass, if you dont pass first time just keep on attempting until you get it right than you become an 'Altius assured vendor' and are free to join SGP and then can work for burger king , thorntons, evans, monsoon, pizza hut and the list is endless
it seems now that a company has seen what the NICEIC ELECSA etc have done domestically and have applied it to commercial work, in that you need to be a member and pay extortionate anual fees before you are even considered for work at these commercial brands.
even doing commercial there is someone trying to screw you...OH MY GOD
i would be angry if i didnt find the bloody thing so amusing

Perhaps we should start our own anyone that has the money for these scams oops meant schemes, no sorry scam was correct in the first place. You cant really blame them blame the mugs that join them. Where would they be if we all refused to join.

Chris

I know but potentially there is a lot of work with the endless amount of national companies, call outs etc just had no idea some scamming company had cornered it, i mean £400 plus vat a year for an online questionaire? at least the NIC try and justify it with a visit lol
you really do need money for just breathing nowadays

Reply to Shocked by Altius in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net