Discuss Tapatalk Working Yet? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

The second one is when I click either done or cancel

image.png

image.png

I got cloudfare - seems like the actual forum so not too gutted. One thing I noticed there are no post numbers which have always been useful to quote or point toward or see where you are in the conversation. Weird and may be just me but I can't even remember what the tapatalk screen looked like and it's only been days! Have learnt not to press 'done' too often!

My Tapatalk isn't working on the new forum, that's what I use most often to access the site - my usage this past week has been minimal because of this. Is it getting fixed or is there an alternative?

It's the least priority at the moment as there are loads more important things I need to do first. But it is on the list matey.

I'd like people to come and check the forum out in their normal browsers because it's so cool and works well on them. Some members use tapatalk because the old software was so archaic when it came to smartphones and tablets and I want them to see the new forum software.

Won't be long before tapatalk doesn't work at all though because we'll have our own app built but that's perhaps 6 months down the line so I will get tapatalk working in a couple of weeks. If that long.

So hang in there matey and I appreciate your patience during this change. The first serious change we've done in 10 years!

Thanks Dan, the main reasons I use tapatalk are:

1) It can host all my favourite forums, meaning I need to just load one app to view my feeds
2) It provides a generic layout - if I have 12 forums I frequent and they all have a different theme and menu system and style, it becomes a nightmare navigating
3) Most importantly I feel, notifications - if I get a PM for instance it's nice my phone goes. I got one on Friday and didn't pick it up till today as I didn't log in all weekend, where as a notification tells me to check out the forum

The update looks good on mobile devices etc, but the three features I require most don't exist by using a standard browser.

Thanks for your understanding. No rush and I understand how manic you'll be (I work in IT!) but it is inherently affecting how I use the forum and I'm sure I'll not be alone.

@hightower for the time being can you set your options on our forum to email you when you get the notifications you want. Then enable on your phone email push notifications for a particular folder that the emails inbox to?

Which is what I do.

Reply to Tapatalk Working Yet? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net