Discuss Terminating SWA with Wylex REC Supply Isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

as mentioned in my last post would it not be easier to use metal clad 2 module enclosure and fit main switch in it can gland swa straight into it no need for adaptable box

Our posts crossed, but don't forget this is coming out of my pockets, 12 No. 2 module enclosures = expensive, 1 No. 25mm core drill = cheap(skate) :)

Someone tell me the link I sent is wrong.................................

What is it that you're actually trying to achieve here? What's the project?

What is it that you're actually trying to achieve here? What's the project?

12 No. new CU's for Bedsits. Everything is electric, no gas. Looking to keep costs down. Got some good advice in another post. Most cost effective option is SWA, but dilema is CPC.
If I can get 2 core in 20mm KO's I'm fine. If not it looks like I can't get off the shelf so will need to buy Adaptable box and drill my own, along with metal CU. Unless I can put 2 core in 32mm KO ?

why the hell are you faffing about with adaptable boxes and these switches ? ?!?!?

might as well just get the Wylex 110m range of switches ! easy to terminate 25mm SWA and the like.

WY110M.JPG
no messing about !!!

dont you need to fuse these SWA submains anyway ? or are they all ready suitably fused upstream ?

Last edited by a moderator:
why the hell are you faffing about with adaptable boxes and these switches ? ?!?!?

might as well just get the Wylex 110m range of switches ! easy to terminate 25mm SWA and the like.

View attachment 17500
no messing about !!!

dont you need to fuse these SWA submains anyway ? or are they all ready suitably fused upstream ?

Nice soloution, but 12 No. Wylex 110M = about £800
If it was only for one or two, I would go for this.

Reply to Terminating SWA with Wylex REC Supply Isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net