Discuss Total Trade Services - Wales in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just wondering if anyone has heard of total trade services?

anyone worked for them or with them?

good or bad experience?

cheers

Stay well clear i started work for them in jan left end of feb. they could not run a bath between them.

u will spend most of ur time chaseing up problems like when is my van coming, where is the gear i ordered. when am i getting paid etc. i left end of feb and i still aint been paid in full. its just been one thing after another and i will be glad when this is all done with

I havent had any problems so far, apart from not getting my sim card for my phone yet...but they are being dished out now. There are some crap sparks on this job and also crap plumbers. If you are a big firm like these are, you are bound to get some bad ones...
I will be staying here as long as its feasible, after all...its not many jobs where you can earn so much for easy work. My earnings for this week are in excess of £700 before tax etc and I didnt bust a gut to get it.

I havent had any problems so far, apart from not getting my sim card for my phone yet...but they are being dished out now. There are some crap sparks on this job and also crap plumbers. If you are a big firm like these are, you are bound to get some bad ones...
I will be staying here as long as its feasible, after all...its not many jobs where you can earn so much for easy work. My earnings for this week are in excess of £700 before tax etc and I didnt bust a gut to get it.

No need to show off Sparky3366

Im now in my sixth week working for the company and i have completed 45 jobs for them, travelled 3500 miles across the north of England (God's country) Iv'e spent over £1500 on Fuel, van leasing and spares because the parts you order just dont arrive or arrive late. I have currently been paid absolutely nothing at all!!
If you phone the head office you are not able to speak to the payroll deptment as they are busy (Busy not paying wages) and you are asked to e-mail them instead with your queires for which you get no reply. All the jobs I have done have passed the eaga inspection and have been signed off for paymnet as I have been back to most of the jobs now after I have finished them and taken photos of the work and asked the clients to sign to say how long I was there and the work I carried out for them was of a high standard.
I'm currently owed £5000 and since i started making a fuss about not being paid since starting in Feb they have stopped sending me Jobs.
I'm going to take them to the small claims court for money owed, costs and compensation which will be more than what they currently owe me.
I have never in my life worked for a company run from top to bottom by primates and the service to the Warm front customers who are often elderly is shameful.
The man at the top is probably sat at home in his 10 bed mansion and collection of sports cars laughing his little head off.
Anyone want to join me for a bit of joint court action aginst the company. The more the merrier!!
Dont out of desperation for work due to the economy fall into the trap, They know work is hard to come by at the moment and are exploiting people who are just trying to put food on the table for the family.
I could'nt even buy my son the Birthday present he wanted last week as i'd spent all my money doing jobs for this company.
Big stop sign - Why else would they have a permanent advertisment at the job centre. And as for the bloke who has been there for 4 years. They look after a small group of workers who are on salaries and expect the incoming staff to walk within weeks when they realise whats going on. Its not hard to install a spur for a boiler mate so you'd be hard pressed to actually find problems with a first year apprentice doing the job.
CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im now in my sixth week working for the company and i have completed 45 jobs for them, travelled 3500 miles across the north of England (God's country) Iv'e spent over £1500 on Fuel, van leasing and spares because the parts you order just dont arrive or arrive late. I have currently been paid absolutely nothing at all!!
If you phone the head office you are not able to speak to the payroll deptment as they are busy (Busy not paying wages) and you are asked to e-mail them instead with your queires for which you get no reply. All the jobs I have done have passed the eaga inspection and have been signed off for paymnet as I have been back to most of the jobs now after I have finished them and taken photos of the work and asked the clients to sign to say how long I was there and the work I carried out for them was of a high standard.
I'm currently owed £5000 and since i started making a fuss about not being paid since starting in Feb they have stopped sending me Jobs.
I'm going to take them to the small claims court for money owed, costs and compensation which will be more than what they currently owe me.
I have never in my life worked for a company run from top to bottom by primates and the service to the Warm front customers who are often elderly is shameful.
The man at the top is probably sat at home in his 10 bed mansion and collection of sports cars laughing his little head off.
Anyone want to join me for a bit of joint court action aginst the company. The more the merrier!!
Dont out of desperation for work due to the economy fall into the trap, They know work is hard to come by at the moment and are exploiting people who are just trying to put food on the table for the family.
I could'nt even buy my son the Birthday present he wanted last week as i'd spent all my money doing jobs for this company.
Big stop sign - Why else would they have a permanent advertisment at the job centre. And as for the bloke who has been there for 4 years. They look after a small group of workers who are on salaries and expect the incoming staff to walk within weeks when they realise whats going on. Its not hard to install a spur for a boiler mate so you'd be hard pressed to actually find problems with a first year apprentice doing the job.
CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this from the start, every fecker got a job when I went for the interview....Rang alarm bells straight away. Interviews where held at a fecking travel lodge.

The bloke on here saying they are a good firm is most likely one of their PR's

Everybody stay away for your own sake!

Its a con mate they will take anyone with ONLY the 17th and a crb check. I didn't even attend the induction....interview was far too easy and everyone got a fecking job. Thats why they get monkeys not finishing off work...

DO NOT LOWER YOURSELF AS AN ELECTRICIAN TO WORK FOR THESE GUYS!!

Your name is not ***** by any chance??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparky 3366 , I take your the only spark working for them in Darlington - Only time will tell, your deluded if you think your going to be paid though or get a sim card for your phone. Oh and just so you know another 15-20 sparks started this week in the North so you might find you have no work this week. Have a good time chasing your money!!!

Sorry electricalserv I didn't mean you when I asked if you were called Brian, I meant NWSparky1. Brian or Bill I think One is the Manager for the North electricians and the other is his trusted side-kick.
As for picking up the pieces NWSparky1 when electricians leave the company thats probably because the previous electrician didn't complete the job as he did not have the parts or stock as it had not been delivered.
Trust me I'm going to do some digging and I'll find as many people as I can to bring court action against this firm. I'm going to get my accountant to dig up the financial records for previous years.
I going to report my greivences with the NICEIC.
I,m going to complain with a letter to my local MP as this is a government funded initiative and public money is not being paid out to those who carry out the work.
I,m going to report this firm to watchdog on the BBC.
Im going to go to the local newspapers ad national newspapers to make the public aware of this.
I,m going to take this to an emloyment tribuneral.
I'm going to contact the Tax office.
I'm going to do quite a lot so at least I'll be busy.

I'll not let this one go. A trip to Colwyn Bay head office next week too.

Malcolm,

I think you need to read doctordus's first post on this thread, he states he has worked for them and got paid nothing. Whilst I agree with you its not the given thing to name people and this should be retracted by editing. I think his point is that these guys are not going to get paid. the manner in delivery is understandable, for me anyway.

The actual ins and outs of this thread are startling. Question is has anyone done anything about this or are they just letting off steam. I'd be reporting them to everyone i could had they treated me that way....

Doctordus I can only sincerely apologise as I read your post as if your were the company and only after appollo (thank you) directed me to your OP did I see that you were a sinned against rather than a sinner.

I can only say that the term mouth and foot come into mind, and once more sincerely apologise for mistaking you doctordus as a company representative.

just like me malcolm, always putting my mouth into operation before engaging brain. LOL.

I happen to have seen an instal these clowns did this week, our company got the job because they done such a bad one... The plumber from our place couldnt understand why the pipe work in the loft had 20 more elbows than it should have and laughed at the state of the flue that had let alot of rainwater in. And the customer kicked the 'electrician' out because he was convinced he didnt have a clue what he was doing. Hes currently reportin this firm to whoever he can think of. Papers etc. Oh and neither of the plumbers had gas tickets

Freedom of speech I have no problem with, but PLEASE DO NOT NAME NAMES on the forum as it could get messy for everyone, including EF.

Thank you.

I must laugh Liam B as I think I Know which plumbing job you are on about. I was called to go to this property with another spark after the Guy had kicked the other spark out. When I arrived British gas, Transco, The Health and Safety Exec were all there and me and the other spark refused to take the job on as it was a total farce. It was in Newcastle.
I apologise on my earlier threads foe mentioning names - I respect the right of other peoples privacy and I apologise.

I must laugh Liam B as I think I Know which plumbing job you are on about. I was called to go to this property with another spark after the Guy had kicked the other spark out. When I arrived British gas, Transco, The Health and Safety Exec were all there and me and the other spark refused to take the job on as it was a total farce. It was in Newcastle.
I apologise on my earlier threads foe mentioning names - I respect the right of other peoples privacy and I apologise.
I was the first spark to turn up at this job in Newcastle...he didnt kick me out, I left after discussions with my boss. I was originally supposed to go move some wiring for the plumbers. I said I would wire the Y plan as well seeing as I was there. The customer refused to let me work past 7pm, would not let the plumbers put a plug on the boiler flying lead and was generally an obmoxious ****. Seeing as I never got there until 3.30pm, there was no guarantee that I wouldve been finished for 7 pm. He was offered space heaters or me working later than 7pm, but the guys carer wouldnt have it.
Please dont slag me off for not knowing what I am doing before you know the facts and not what the customer told you.

I was the first spark to turn up at this job in Newcastle...he didnt kick me out, I left after discussions with my boss. I was originally supposed to go move some wiring for the plumbers. I said I would wire the Y plan as well seeing as I was there. The customer refused to let me work past 7pm, would not let the plumbers put a plug on the boiler flying lead and was generally an obmoxious tw*t. Seeing as I never got there until 3.30pm, there was no guarantee that I wouldve been finished for 7 pm. He was offered space heaters or me working later than 7pm, but the guys carer wouldnt have it.
Please dont slag me off for not knowing what I am doing before you know the facts and not what the customer told you.

Aahh so you're the incompetent spark ;)

Reply to Total Trade Services - Wales in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net