Discuss Urgent: 60 amp main cut out fuse required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OK it's the season of goodwill etc, so I'll restrain from calling you anything more than a donut. Messin' with the DNO fuse is not for you to do.

60 mile round trip - boo,hoo; get a grip, I do 200 mile round trips in my area every week. And it still ain't any excuse for you touching the DNO fuse.
Yes the two things might be related, but you have stepped over the mark in touching the main fuse, but I guess you just can't see that, having read the previous pages.
and this is the point i was gettin at......you leave yourself open to any kinds of accusations when you interfear with DNO aperatus
and suppliers metering.....
i mean, why would you do that eh?....

OK it's the season of goodwill etc, so I'll restrain from calling you anything more than a donut. Messin' with the DNO fuse is not for you to do.

60 mile round trip - boo,hoo; get a grip, I do 200 mile round trips in my area every week. And it still ain't any excuse for you touching the DNO fuse.
Yes the two things might be related, but you have stepped over the mark in touching the main fuse, but I guess you just can't see that, having read the previous pages.
and this is the point i was gettin at......you leave yourself open to any kinds of accusations when you interfear with DNO aperatus
and suppliers metering.....
i mean, why would you do that eh?....

I must have said about 20 times why I have done what I did. I wasn't asking for your approval.

You make it sound so scary. It's a fuse in a carrier.

Please close this thread

Is this really still going on! Customer has power you have your money everyone's a winner. Just 2 pieces of advice
1-don't pull the bomb again
2- if you do don't tell anyone,

but I'm sure everyone on here can keep,a secret not like you've broadcasted it on the Internet

Is this really still going on! Customer has power you have your money everyone's a winner. Just 2 pieces of advice

Unless you're in a SSE area and you have their temporary seals. In which case, you can pull the fuse with impunity.
It's a good system; all the DNOs should do it. Then we wouldn't have all this fuss.

Unless you're in a SSE area and you have their temporary seals. In which case, you can pull the fuse with impunity.
It's a good system; all the DNOs should do it. Then we wouldn't have all this fuss.

Yes, but then we wouldn't have these epic threads to help pass the time during these long, dark winter's nights.

but I'm sure everyone on here can keep,a secret not like you've broadcasted it on the Internet
except he has...lol....
never mind rob eh...:wink_smile:

Anyone else think this is turning into the scene in "Goodfellas" with Joe Pesci and "Spider" the waiter? :wink_smile:

If you read it I think you'll see the fuse was blown when I arrived and it was because there was a extension lead outside full off water!!!!!

There only 2 reasons for pulling that fuse. 1 for isolation 2 because the customer has no power and the rest of the road has so I think it should be removed to check.

Or should I just walk away and tell them to call the dno.

I can't believe some of the crap you guys post.

I turned to you lot to ask for some help at 11 o'clock on a Sunday night realised they'd blown the main fuse. I didn't have a 60a, only a 100a.

Something that could have been sorted fairly swiftly.

I though u lot might be the type to help a fellow spark.

Maybe not

Anyway happy customer (with my service) lesson learned by them.

All back and running by 8:30am

So it took you from 2300 to 0830 the following morning to source and replace the cutout fuse ?????

the DNO has a max response time of 4 hours to replace the fuse and it would have cost the customer nothing.

You should not have messed with DNO equipment. All you needed to do was a quick insulation test on the customers side to make sure their was no fault that had blown the fuse at most and walked away (after calling DNO) anything more was a complete rip off.
what was the final bill for your excessive time spent messing about trying to find a fuse that you had no place changing. Not to mention the extra time the customer was off supply.

So it took you from 2300 to 0830 the following morning to source and replace the cutout fuse ?????

the DNO has a max response time of 4 hours to replace the fuse and it would have cost the customer nothing.

You should not have messed with DNO equipment. All you needed to do was a quick insulation test on the customers side to make sure their was no fault that had blown the fuse at most and walked away (after calling DNO) anything more was a complete rip off.
what was the final bill for your excessive time spent messing about trying to find a fuse that you had no place changing. Not to mention the extra time the customer was off supply.
yeah......its just totally stupid....
too much of it comin in here now....

£189 including vat which the customer paid to the third party for my attendance.

I stopped looking for the fault finding due to the rates they were paying, and the fact with no fuse immediately available I could not walk away knowing everything was sorted.
Waiting for the dno Knowing the fault still existed, I returned in the morning with a fuse £4. Continued the fault finding. Found fault.

Customer could have sat up all night waiting for dno, and saved £4 but still wouldn't have known why it went.

I charged £40 for my time in the morning.

Granted I could have found this fault in the evening but that extra time prob would have risen their bill with the third party.

As you can never be sure just how long a fault will take to find I wasn't happy to do this.

I also wanted to see the installation live as part of my agreement with the third party is to return at no cost if the fault is not fixed.

So if I had found the fault I couldn't be 100% sure.

It's an hour in Cyprus!! lol!!

Iv'e had reason, to call them out on more than one occasion over there, (not for my own properties BTW) and never had to wait more than 30 minutes!!

yeah......its just totally stupid....
too much of it comin in here now....

And the point been their was a fault and finding it at the rates been charged could have resulted in a higher bill.

Walking away after billing for
My time saying call the dno would have resulted in me coming back anyway when the fault re-occurred.

£189 including vat which the customer paid to the third party for my attendance.

I stopped looking for the fault finding due to the rates they were paying, and the fact with no fuse immediately available I could not walk away knowing everything was sorted.
Waiting for the dno Knowing the fault still existed, I returned in the morning with a fuse £4. Continued the fault finding. Found fault.

Customer could have sat up all night waiting for dno, and saved £4 but still wouldn't have known why it went.

I charged £40 for my time in the morning.

Granted I could have found this fault in the evening but that extra time prob would have risen their bill with the third party.

As you can never be sure just how long a fault will take to find I wasn't happy to do this.

I also wanted to see the installation live as part of my agreement with the third party is to return at no cost if the fault is not fixed.

So if I had found the fault I couldn't be 100% sure.

At least keep you story straight. Earlier you said it was a extension lead full of water. So did you find the fault or not?

Still at least you managed to get a good christmas drink out of the customer needlessly.

Reply to Urgent: 60 amp main cut out fuse required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net