Discuss Wylex Fuseboard SPD. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rattlehead85

I am about to install a new high integrity wylex fuseboard within a church which will require a combined type 1 & 2 SPD as the church has a lightning conductor system in place. Can anybody confirm the connections to this as it is placed within the fuseboard upstream of the main switch.

Try these links one to Furse/CIBSE publication http://www.cibse.org/content/hcsw/New Wiring regs JB (2).pdf It's a bit wordy and technical, but go to page 51 ish.

The other is a Hager guide they've just released http://www.cibse.org/content/hcsw/New Wiring regs JB (2).pdf go half way down the page and the link to the guide is there.

sorry I haven't given you exact connections, but you basically connect the spd to a spare way in the fuse-board, a cable to each phase, one to neutral and one to earth, the cables should not be more than 1 metre...

Your best bet would be to phone up the spd manufacturers technical department and they will tell you exactly, how to connect it, cable sizes, lengths better to be safe than sorry IMO

Reply to Wylex Fuseboard SPD. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Need advice please, I've been reading alot on spds and came across this, please read the picture I have posted, I am querying "equipment" if the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was wondering if the wylex/Proteus SPD Isolators where dual isolator, they have 4 terminals at the bottom, can you use them to take 2 sets...
Replies
Views
Hi all, what is the best way to configure surge protection in domestic dwellings when you have multiple consumer units? Does each consumer unit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock