Discuss Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't smoke and when on the job really work hard til my breaks

So start 10till 11 then half an hour break 11.30 till 1.30 then an hour break then flat out till 4 with just 2 breaks for a drink
You're just the kind of man I've been looking for, do you want a job.

Bankrupting my competition :)

Half hour break at 10 , half hour break at 1300 . If it's a twelve hour shift , quick brew at 1600 .

I reckon a smoker will always find a way of having a 'crafty' smoke with the gaffers blessing or not . Perhaps better to let them have a tab now and again but make sure they don't take the michael . As long as a good days graft is done , can't see a problem .

wasn't a problem till the anti smoking . anti booze fascists took over the asylum. smoke whenever you wanted one while working anywhere, ( excepting hazardous areas like petrol forecourts ). 12.00noon, down the local for 4 pints and a pie. back to work at 13.30, muddle through til 16.30

I'm a smoker and have one on way to work for 8am. Quick sandwich about 10 and ciggy, about 15mins paid. Around 1pm is half hour unpaid but usually only 20mins with cig as no point stopping longer unless with a good group of blokes. Finish about 4.30 depending on job and have cig on way home. If working outside, may have others whilst working. The way I see it is I'm not paid to stop and have a cigarette - gaffer didn't ask me to be a smoker and it looks bad concerning client. Similarly as Murdoch pointed out, I'm not paid to chat unnecessarily on phone!!

you seem to be OK with my work hours. consider yourself hired. btw, hired hands buy the beer.

this was aimed at dingledong.

Im a smoker. I dont have ANY official breaks, but I stop for a water/smoke break whenever I want. If we feel we want a cuppa tea, I smoke while it brews and take it inside when it's ready.
From doing this for maybe 2/3 yrs I dont eat during the day unless I feel weak which is very rare

Cheers Guys..

Think we may have a change around.

No smoke breaks, but half hour lunch and 15mins t, deduct half hour lunch.

We'll see how that goes down tomorrow.

Im not fussed either way really, they're both hard workers.

(If we work later..10hours plus always give them another break and usually a Maccys)

After all that sticking with original plan for now..... keeps everybody happy, they're good lads and I do work them hard

I'm a smoker.

A couple in the morning with coffee and checking forum.
I've always a smoke on the go in the van.

If i'm working at the same place all day then I stop when I need a break.

Usually 1 at lunchtime and 1 or 2 after that.

Reply to Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net