Discuss Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

u3yhygad.jpg

Shes not bad on that. Had her pretty much toilet trained in a week. Just get a few excitable dribbles now and then. Its the biting. Rips us open, and is obsessed with power cables

Silly post about not smoking while they are asleep so they shouldn't at work....
I'm also a smoker, but don't smoke at work.
I don't mind people who nip out for a smoke. It only takes 5 mins. You can't dock pay for people smoking. What next, non-payed toilet breaks. Its good for people to have a break for a bit. It makes them more productive. As long as people don't take the P, like the old fogies who take a paper to the toilet and sit there for ages, then all is good.

I never stopped for an official dinner break as I don,t eat during the day,a smoke when I want one and I,m happy.At the last place I worked the gaffer was well known for being on everyones back,yet I,d stroll in at 8 and make a hot chocolate during winter,then have a smoke then set to work,the guy never said a word.One day somebody asked him how come he "let me get away with a smoke and a drink" first thing.his reply was "when you do as much in a day as he does then you can do what he does".

That worked for a day lol. Just googled. When she does it I pull my hands away. Apparently that's a big nono. Makes them jump and bite....yep had that a lot.

That worked for a day lol. Just googled. When she does it I pull my hands away. Apparently that's a big nono. Makes them jump and bite....yep had that a lot.

Take the dog to work with you. Train the dog to bite you only when you light up a cig..... you learn to stop that grotty habit, and the dog learns to only bite at appropriate times .... Win Win !!!

One thing I notice is it's probably fairly equal with most people in that the smokers nip out here and there but the non smokers will stop and chat or play on their phones just as much, I tend to play it by ear if you're getting the job done then I don't mind people having a few minutes periodically but when there's work to be done that's the priority!
Its down to a bit of self discipline and being fair with the blokes your with, ie I'd never disappear when others are grafting hard, its not the done thing!

Reply to Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net