Discuss Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

One thing I notice is it's probably fairly equal with most people in that the smokers nip out here and there but the non smokers will stop and chat or play on their phones just as much, I tend to play it by ear if you're getting the job done then I don't mind people having a few minutes periodically but when there's work to be done that's the priority!
Its down to a bit of self discipline and being fair with the blokes your with, ie I'd never disappear when others are grafting hard, its not the done thing!
Good man, however many smokers think otherwise, I was on a job recently where the smokers would gather outside for a smoke 10 mins after break, and several times during the day as a whole, the non smokers were working, your point doesn't cut it I am afraid. All smoking should be banned on construction sites full stop, smoke before and after the working day and not in between, and leave the construction site at lunch and go for a walk in the street if you want a smoke break, be back for 1-30 or be sacked though.

Where I'm working now we start at 6.45 (this is OT the factory starts officially at 8.45 )through to 1 pm then a 45 minute break then until 5
Anyone caught smoking during working hours is down the road so its not an option here and you get used to it,
However I do stand by what I said re some non smokers on their phones etc on many sites I've been on, this has often been the case and the smoking guys have been more productive the point is that any individual smoker or not can be guilty of slacking

Where I'm working now we start at 6.45 (this is OT the factory starts officially at 8.45 )through to 1 pm then a 45 minute break then until 5
Anyone caught smoking during working hours is down the road so its not an option here and you get used to it,
However I do stand by what I said re some non smokers on their phones etc on many sites I've been on, this has often been the case and the smoking guys have been more productive the point is that any individual smoker or not can be guilty of slacking

If I were ever to employ people again there would be no smoking OR mobile phones during working hours!

You want to smoke?? You want to phone?? you want to text??!! .. that's fine - BUT you do it in your official break time!!

most sites i've been on, you have a smoke in break time. some sites you take 10 minutes to get to anywhere you can smoke, so taking an unofficial smoke break was not on. did 6 months down the salt mine. 10 mins out. 10 mins smoke. 10 mins back. that's lunch break done. no time to eat. lost a stone.

Sorry I just don't agree, smokers are slackers, not all but the vast majority, I have seen it hundreds if not more during my on site career, saying non smokers waste more time on the phone than a smoker having a puff is bollox.

If I were ever to employ people again there would be no smoking OR mobile phones during working hours!

You want to smoke?? You want to phone?? you want to text??!! .. that's fine - BUT you do it in your official break time!!
Here Here, well said my friend, your absolutely right and I would do the same, the smokers wouldn't be happy though lol

not all smokers are slackers, mike. agree though that some just think they can stop work whenever they need a smoke. down to personal discipline.

Had a bloke help me on a private job last weekend, i come out the shop get back in my van and he's smoking in it. I did my fu$$ing nut at him !!!!

tried them e cigs. burnt me throat, coughed like crazy. can't comment further, going for a smoke.

tried them e cigs. burnt me throat, coughed like crazy. can't comment further, going for a smoke.
tel, sounds like you were using the wrong ratio.

What makes vaping Harsh?

The harshness or "throat hit" from vaping is determined by only three different things.
Nicotine level (As the more nicotine you have, the harsher it will vape)
PG vs. VG ratio (These are the bases to e liquid. The more PG in the e liquid, typically the harsher)
Type of atomizer the e liquid is being vaporized from
Nicotine level is the first reason why any e liquid would be at a specific Throat Hit.
E liquids with more PG than VG will be a bit harsher as this material is mixed in with VG in order to balance out the mixture.
The difference in atomizer can determine Throat Hit because of the specific amount of airflow allowed through the design of the piece. The more airflow you have, usually the more diluted the Throat Hit becomes thus becoming smoother. Atomizers with a more restricted airflow will concentrate that vapor much before being inhaled by the user giving it a harsher experience.
More often than not, people are confused as to why their particular vaping experience is either not as close to the feeling of a cigarette as they expected or that they are not satisfied with a high nictotine level. This can cause people to go to unhealthy nictotine levels and potentially be getting more nicotine than they were previously with smoking.
We always advise lowering your nictotine level periodically. However if you have the same issue as all of us have had, keeping the Throat Hit while lowering your nicotine level can be difficult. Don't be fooled into hightening nicotine before knowing why you may be losing Throat Hit!

www.eccvapors.com/What-makes-vaping-Harsh--18.html

They may still be dangerous, whilst they are nowhere near as dangerous as cigarettes they may still have health issues for those who smoke them and those who are secondary smokers.
one of the good things about them isis people can slowly lessen the amount of nicotine in them till there is nothing.

a lot of people use them for pleasure with no nocotine because they come in a lot of different flavours

I smoke tabs. When I was an employee I never skived off for one outside of breaks, if I was working outside or heading out to the cabins I'd have one though. The non smokers didn't get extra breaks for any of their habits so why should I have?
Now I'm SE I still don't, I think it projects the wrong image. I go in, I do the job, I get paid, I go home.

Reply to Breaks & smoke breaks in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net