Discuss Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

im gutted just got 2 jobs excepted straight off!!thought i was cheap!!! but could of gone for more money!! How is all supply companies going to survive! CANT BELIEVE THE RESULT OF THIS TO SO MANY COMPANIES!!!!TOTAL PLONKERS!!!

Im not happy i have my nic mcs assessment on tuesday 1st november and what to do if i pass pay for website or just do couple of.jobs in november to cover my expenses for training not happy at all when will we know for sure what cuts are?

SRE - it depends on whether you plan to renew your MCS, if not then there is no paperwork to do, is there ;)

I am ever an optimist and although I do think that we will have a very quiet Winter now, panel prices are still set to drop a bit, I'll have to nip my margins and those of our subcontractors a bit and the customer won't be as well off but I think we'll still have a business - just smaller.

So I will be renewing our MCS, it took too much work and money to throw the baby out with the bath water. I've stashed a bit of cash that I was going to use in April/May when I anticipated it would be slow - I'll just have to be more careful and make it last longer.

I'm producing as much of the handover packs this week as is possible and I'm thinking it would be wise for the customer to advise the utility companies of their booked dates for installation - and as soon as possible, by registered post. Like Bigs I think our customers will have to wait until mid December for the final handover packs, struggling to think of anything else we can reasonably do ....

One thing that hasent been mentioned for November is the stock situation, I ordered the last kit for Novembers jobs on Friday but am concerned that so many jobs will be pulled forward that suppliers will deliver to whoever shouts loudest, I suggest this is the first call on Monday as their phones will be ringing off the hook.

There's always the DECC twitter feed (deccgovuk) - although I imagine the news will be one here and other forums pretty quickly!

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see these working .as in 10 years time the leccy board isnt going to want to buy your electric as they want to sell there's or am i just a pessamist

All I ask is that installations booked prior to the announcement (as in deposits registered with REAL) are eligible for the higher rate regardless of the installation date. We have an order book that will take until mid February to complete, we are training new installers all the time and would be bringing them forward but we can't get everyone installed by 8th December by any means.

I have written to Virginia Graham at REAL asking her to lobby for this. I guess there are plenty of you honest, established installers who like us have a very large order book and are unwilling to rush an installation. This small amendment will enable us to serve our customers in the manner which they rightly expect.

I don't mind the 21p, the slow down would be appreciated to be honest, we've always planned for the slowdown next April, bringing it forward does threaten us but I think we would survive if it happened. I'd get rid of the 3 registered apprentices (so much for the government's plans for young people), I'd lay off a couple of roofers and not hire the extra electrician that I'm currently advertising for.

If they slash into the rate and bring forward the date then the damage to consumer confidence in renewable subsidies would be shattered. A new rate in April as originally planned is fine by me but the 8th December is just rubbish.

I guess it's all just to make us feel better about what they announce on Monday but creating panic in the industry won't help anyone. Who voted these clowns in anyway?......oh yeah, nobody, it's a coalition of second and third place election losers!!!!! Public schoolboy twits playing with our lives, remember the same bunch have the keys to the nuclear bombs!

might as well go do something else now, conservatives destroying the working man's living again, reminds me of Margaret Thatcher's Govt.. D*cks

Funny I seem to remember getting my first decent pay packet when Mrs Thatcher came to power instead of labours draconian minimal wage increases of the late 70's.
Or is your complaint that conservative governments don't use the labour parties "Viv Nicholson" system of economics

Who voted these clowns in anyway?......oh yeah, nobody, it's a coalition of second and third place election losers!!!!! Public schoolboy twits playing with our lives, remember the same bunch have the keys to the nuclear bombs!

Thanks for the information as I thought it was a coalition of first place and third place and Clown Brown in second place trying to claim squatters rights on number 10

As for the nuclear keys it's much better with them than Labours bunch of career failure misfits

So now that FIT payments are to get reduced, will we all see reductions in our utility bills................dont hold your breath.

My heart goes out to the guys that have put their time and money into building their businesses...RIP - UKPV.

Sure I read that even to be entitled for this new FIT rate your property would require an EPC with a rating of C or more!! Would just like to know how many houses in the UK would reach this standard?

Recently got an EPC done on my property (it was free), and I live in a typical house for the area I live in.
- 3 bed semi, built around 1910 (no cav's)
- double glazed etc
- 250mm insulation in loft
- boiler about 2yrs old
- TRV's on all rads
- Energy efficient light bulbs everywhere

etc. etc.

Rating of the house was 'E (47)'.

If I upgraded my heating controls and put a new boiler in, rating would increase to D(60). Why would I want to spend 4-5K on this when my boiler in only 2yrs old?

To get my property up to the required 'C' rating would cost in excess of ÂŁ20k!!

This new requirement for an EPC will considerably reduce the properties available within the UK that will be eligible for this new reduced FIT rate!

The Millenium Dome cost ÂŁ1billion. Wembley cost ÂŁ800million. FITs have cost ÂŁ800 million.

I'm sure I have my figures right.

The Dome, as predicted, has been as much use as a paper hat. For the price paid for Wembley, we could have build 8 top stadia. FITs have built an industry and retrained an industry that suffered more than most from economic downturn.

I wish Greg Barker could sit in my office for just 1 hour and then maybe it would dawn on him how difficult it is to run a business. Businesses aren't just figures on a sodding spreadsheet. I am frantically trying to fit anxious customers into a 5 week schedule which will be thrown out by something as simple as a bit of wind and rain - coupled with that, I am desperately trying to form a business plan that will ensure that our business will survive after 8th December. Two holidays have been cancelled and a lot of sleep has been lost. I wonder how much thought the 'consultation' gave to this when they come up with THAT figure and THAT date.

Get these incompetent jokers out.

I think the use of the REAL deposit database is the way to control this, lets hope so.

If anyone is holding stock of SolarWorld, Sanyo and SMA inverters then i would be interested to hear from them as i have signed jobs and i fear will not be able to get the kit on time. Thanks

I agree that there needed to be some reduction in the fit payments and have no problems with the concept and as many on here have done started to make provisions for this

The problem i have with greg barkers proposal is just the timing coming up to winter where weather will play a part in schedules something no one can predict coupled with a major supply problem with pv stock. I know they are fully aware of the problems installers face and will not be intrested as it wont effect the decc if this forces a large part of the solar industry out of work not including the support sectors. This change in my view has come about in responce to the goverment saying that shortfalls in the fits would have to be paid from the decc funds.

my advice is log into www.writetothem.com and put your views to your local MP today it takes two minutes to do and what have you got to loose as this still needs parlimentary backing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net