Discuss consumer unit /renew back board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the picture tells lies its not connected to the meter board i slipped up just had a smart meter fitted should of asked the installer to fit an isolator switch ,the cu has a gap of about 30mm from wall that's what made me think of splitting the ply to allow cables to pass through ,its just opening the cu and removing the screws ,it must be possible you guys do it :) i just dig holes with diggers and sometimes go through cables :)

the dreaded member "spoon" is local to you.

Is this another one way relationship Tel??? I know you love me really... :heartssuit::heartssuit::heartssuit: (It's the only heart emoji I can find)
I'm Industrial anyhow.

if f88k that up you might need one of those digger for a hole for you self .

That's a bit OTT mate.. Worst thing that could happen is he loosens some connections and causes a fire.... then he doesn't need a hole as he will be cremated.... (Only joking OP)

no reply to that one! wish you worked on the site I'm on we could do with some humor on site ,we got a new site manager and a new contract manager for main contractor all there botherd about is if you've got your blooming safety glasses on and don't get me started on them dam things:)

I never seen a c/u board being levitated in mid air !

Seen this lots of times,usually where a wall is to be removed,extension or cellar conversion,and a series of lats and door lining timbers,are fixed to the ceiling/floor joists,above,and then to the front of the DB board.

The wall is then "simply removed",leaving everybody else,to dodge the gently wobbling fire-lighter of doom box,for the rest of the job:)

To the OP,there is no way,of avoiding the necessity of re-checking the terminals,once moving is completed. Maybe up the case of beer offer,and get an updated DB slotted in.

There is little chance of a worthy spark,not wanting to have a good ground worker,"on-side".

Ying and yang,bud....he may have a MFT...but you may have a Cat scanner...make friends with a spark...they generally need one :cool:

Hi Colin - just my opinion but there's too many things that could go wrong to do it as your first electrical installation.

standard kit for us groundworkers my cat fresh from calerbration! yeah i see the your point about loose connections and fire only been in my house 8 month don't want it to burn down ,will have a chat with sparks when i go back to site

i have done a little electrical work replaced old style wire fuses for them plug in rcds ,water not a problem gas not much of a problem got sqeeze offs and you can see water leaks and smell gas but electric is different if i could isolate the supply it would be no problem ,just waiting for buzz to reply to this ;)

Reply to consumer unit /renew back board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net