Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not that clear is it?

On a more serious note, a friend of mine has 3 kids at university. All 3 had votes . At home and at university. All 3 could (but didn't) use both!

I was arguing with a " Mate " yesterday because he did the same after listening to him complain for the last year about what a state the country is in because of the eu but then decided he couldn't be bothered to vote because he was to busy with out a spare moment but then proceeded to go to the kfc for an hour at dinner time.

Something very strange has happened today in light of the Brexit, our insignificant little Island that many claimed was doomed on its own created a massive shockwave that wiped 2 trillion from the stock markets, tumbles the pound to record lows not seen since 1985 and set panic through all of Europe...What is the strange part here is the FT100 index has just closed on a weekly high of 2.4%, the pound rebounded back and reclaimed most of its losses, Obama dropped his scaremongering and confirmed Britain will not be at the back of the queue many other anti brexit bodies give new positive messages of Britains strength and resilience, France confirms the Calais/Dover deal will remain..... I could continue but it seems the world is respecting us and eager to back our position all while the EU stocks/shares carry on tumbling, panic and shock from all members and the EU stability been questioned...... well I think this last 24hrs has proved our strength in the world, and the Icing on the cake is the resignation of Cameron and the no confidence vote of that other fella :)... a day the UK rocked the world :)
That's cos we are still in the EU, only time will tell, you may be right, you may be wrong, ultimately no one knows.

i see that the bbc has blocked the youtube video of the morecombe and wise sketch in this country. is it because thet're pi$$ed off with the EU exit vote?

Something very strange has happened today in light of the Brexit, our insignificant little Island that many claimed was doomed on its own created a massive shockwave that wiped 2 trillion from the stock markets, tumbles the pound to record lows not seen since 1985 and set panic through all of Europe...What is the strange part here is the FT100 index has just closed on a weekly high of 2.4%, the pound rebounded back and reclaimed most of its losses, Obama dropped his scaremongering and confirmed Britain will not be at the back of the queue many other anti brexit bodies give new positive messages of Britains strength and resilience, France confirms the Calais/Dover deal will remain..... I could continue but it seems the world is respecting us and eager to back our position all while the EU stocks/shares carry on tumbling, panic and shock from all members and the EU stability been questioned...... well I think this last 24hrs has proved our strength in the world, and the Icing on the cake is the resignation of Cameron and the no confidence vote of that other fella :)... a day the UK rocked the world :)

From the Telegraph in an article on the worlds reaction to the news of a leave vote.

South Korea reacted to Britain's decision to leave the European Union by announcing that it is willing to consider a bilateral free trade deal with the UK.
Yun Byung-sa, the South Korean foreign minister, told parliament on Friday morning that his ministry will draw up "various measures", including a possible free trade deal with London, Yonhap News reported.

Hopefully the first of many, it will be a rocky road at first but I am very optimistic for the future.

From the Telegraph in an article on the worlds reaction to the news of a leave vote.

South Korea reacted to Britain's decision to leave the European Union by announcing that it is willing to consider a bilateral free trade deal with the UK.
Yun Byung-sa, the South Korean foreign minister, told parliament on Friday morning that his ministry will draw up "various measures", including a possible free trade deal with London, Yonhap News reported.

Hopefully the first of many, it will be a rocky road at first but I am very optimistic for the future.

Well that's ok then. South Korea will consider giving us something we already have as a member of the EU.

Well that's ok then. South Korea will consider giving us something we already have as a member of the EU.

Andy I know the establishment and big money corporations will do whatever they can to keep the status quo but we had the vote and are supposedly leaving the EU, until article 50 is invoked we are still in the EU, I know many can't accept the vote (seems younger people think the older voters are not entitled to there say ) that comment is not pointed at you Andy but social media is full of it, as it stands if we do eventually start negotiations and the EU play hard ball over access to the single market or trade deals its nice to see we could start negotiating trade deals immediately.
As I have mentioned before in my posts the economy was never uppermost in my consideration of how I would vote it was always about democracy and the power of our own parliament to make decisions for Britain. I may be writing you a grovelling apology for voting leave in 2 years time Andy but I am optimistic.

Andy I know the establishment and big money corporations will do whatever they can to keep the status quo but we had the vote and are supposedly leaving the EU, until article 50 is invoked we are still in the EU, I know many can't accept the vote (seems younger people think the older voters are not entitled to there say ) that comment is not pointed at you Andy but social media is full of it, as it stands if we do eventually start negotiations and the EU play hard ball over access to the single market or trade deals its nice to see we could start negotiating trade deals immediately.
As I have mentioned before in my posts the economy was never uppermost in my consideration of how I would vote it was always about democracy and the power of our own parliament to make decisions for Britain. I may be writing you a grovelling apology for voting leave in 2 years time Andy but I am optimistic.
I fully accept the vote Silver and I'm against another referendum, if they have one I'll be voting out. The people have spoken and that should be that.
The moaning from the younger generation blaming the older generation is muddled thinking on their part. The under 24s voted 73% remain and there's a lot more of them than oldies, they had it in their gift to stay in. All they had to do was turn up and vote. The ones bleating about it should be blaming their peers.
I don't think there will be any need for grovelling apologies in a couple of years, I've never put this country down and always said that we'll do well outside the EU, I just happen to think we're better of in.
I am worried about the UK breaking up though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Andyb

Watching tv last night they spoke to some Scottish people who pointed out that "Nicola Sturgeon wants another vote for Scottish independence from the rest of the UK only to join 27 other countries in the EU what sort of independence is that" which I thought was a good point, it seems maybe the people who voted for independence from the UK before may not vote the same with the prospect of joining the EU looming.

Also I believe the SNP do not have a majority in the Scottish parliament so she would need the OK from British parliament or another Scottish election to see if SNP can win a majority to be able to run another referendum.

Andyb

Watching tv last night they spoke to some Scottish people who pointed out that "Nicola Sturgeon wants another vote for Scottish independence from the rest of the UK only to join 27 other countries in the EU what sort of independence is that" which I thought was a good point, it seems maybe the people who voted for independence from the UK before may not vote the same with the prospect of joining the EU looming.

Also I believe the SNP do not have a majority in the Scottish parliament so she would need the OK from British parliament or another Scottish election to see if SNP can win a majority to be able to run another referendum.
All you say is true Silver, but an issue that was put to bed not 2 years ago is now up and running again. Also there are moves in N Ireland re unification, unlikely to happen but another divisive distraction we could well do without.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

It would be a shame if we weren't a United Kingdom anymore, as at the end of the day it was all a joint effort to vote out. I just think we've made our bed and now we need to lay in it. I think a second referendum would be silly, how far do you go? Best of three?

It would be a shame if we weren't a United Kingdom anymore, as at the end of the day it was all a joint effort to vote out. I just think we've made our bed and now we need to lay in it. I think a second referendum would be silly, how far do you go? Best of three?

Not really. NI and Scotland voted in. If their wishes are not met by the new arrangement do you not think it would be slightly hypocritical of the UK to expect them to remain in a union given the independence led nature of the EU referendum ?

Regardless of whether they voted in, WE as a United Kingdom voted out. I understand what your saying though and I wouldn't begrudge them of having a referendum.
The problem with 'WE', is the vote was very close, less than 4%. Therefore, you will have some, like Scotland wanting a different course. In the rest of the UK, only half the population are happy with the result. Its pretty much divided the country.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net