Discuss Hager Metal Consumer Units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

This morning in my local wholesalers they had a selection of the latest Hager metal consumer units that comply with amendment 3. I have to say I was quite impressed with the look of them, especially the Design 30.

That price does not include breakers, you really need to see one to appreciate how good it is, I stood there for 40 mins looking at it, it's actually looks good, is nice and solid, clamps to hold tails, knockouts, plenty of pace for rcbos etc, lockable option on lid.

does it have a " turn terminal screws clockwise till tight" sticker for the Electrical Trainee's?

I might pop back in there in the morning so will take some photos of it for you to see if I do.

Thanks for that UK, I will have need for one in a week or two. It's a tidy up in a domestic garage and I haven't the heart to put a plastic one in that will ..................

does it have a " turn terminal screws clockwise till tight" sticker for the Electrical Trainee's?

All terminals will be Wago type connectors inc the tails for 5WWs ...LOL...

Also a caution notice ;

Installed by Electrical Trainee, check house insurance policy ...

I think the only thing is the price as I can buy a plastic hager equivalent for £32 plus the breakers, so you are £90 more already, so I think I'll have to offer people both from now on and explain it all, but as of next year then the prices will need to go up a bit, possibly take a small hit on the profit to help make it still happily affordable to all though.

I think the only thing is the price as I can buy a plastic hager equivalent for £32 plus the breakers, so you are £90 more already, so I think I'll have to offer people both from now on and explain it all, but as of next year then the prices will need to go up a bit, possibly take a small hit on the profit to help make it still happily affordable to all though.

Why ?, your *genuine* competitors will have the same increased upfront costs.

I'm only taking £20 off, I make typically £280 for a board change anyway, so it's not like I can't budge a bit. I normally say £350 all in, but if I said £450, it's starting to sound a bit expensive.

Its not just the extra cost of the board, my wholesaler has a leaflet from wiska that details various entry glands from one for tails and earth to glands for flat T+E. Its the SPRINT range

Reply to Hager Metal Consumer Units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net