Discuss Niceic v's the rest in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bert UK that is exactly the point i was saying to gas82 people do expect NIC as they dont know , and dont want to be told its the same , some even think you are pulling a fast one , IVE NEVER HEARD OF A NICEIC CERT BEING REJECTED << SIMPLES

I completely agree with all:-
NICEIC members look down on NAPIT member such as myself . But thsi 'label' deosnt mean jack.
I was working with an niceiec guy the other week and he was utter useless. not saying were all the same but this label dont mean jack.

However if i gotta put food on the table and the NICEIC label helps me do that . then theyve got me by the short an curlys .

Have just moved from Napit full scope to the Niceic as approved contractor. Napit have been good and helpful, the reason we have moved over is due to loosing a few jobs as clients requested Niceic for insurance reasons etc. And life being too short to constantly be explaining that it is the same thing.

Have to be registered for some of the work we do and in some way it asseses our competence.

The Niceic inspection is more thourough in my experience and they have both been helpful.

We had been doing various jobs for a firm that works in various goverment est and universities etc. After five years of working for him, he asked me about the NICEIC. I told him we wasn't with them, his face was a picture, lol. He has always been happy with our standard of work and that was all that mattered to him and his clients.

I can see the point you guys are making though if it has lost you work. I don't believe we have but I may be wrong. Anyhow as pointed out above it's pretty irrelevent there are good and bad contractors under all the scheme's, there all just a rediculous requirement that proves nothing. The proof is in the pudding so to speak

Reply to Niceic v's the rest in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net