Discuss Terminating SWA with Wylex REC Supply Isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How about you post a picture of what you have now and then after your sparky has finished??

No worries, I'll put a picture up later this week as it is today. Then when it's all done I'll post an update. Although the update won't be for a few months as I am still waiting for UK Power networks to do thier survey, then we have to wait for EDF. But sparky is going to progress in the mean time.

I've managed to get some photo's, I've got one of the main intake, another of a further electrical cupboard and a sample of the current installation in each studio.
You can see it's in desperate need of upgrading and bringing up to current legislation.

a.jpgcc.jpgphoto.jpg

That would be a nice job to do, I'd quite enjoy it.

The Ryefield needs upgrading as its only a 100a unit. No way man enough for 12 flats!.

Btw you really shouldn't have the cover off it!

I'm also not sure if you are going to have room for 12 meters and 12 switch fuses

I think there should be 6 supplies, but one of the meters is missing. Not sure what happend to it!

UKPN said he wants 3M, we're gonna have to either be creative with the space or move the intake cupboard, but that will be a problem. He also wants 1M behind the cupboard in case of electric shock, so you don't fall back onto the equipment. We have lots of height, but width is the problem. I'm hoping we can stagger the height of the meters to get them closer. Also maybe 8 above conduit and 4 below alongside new Ryefield, anyone got a shoehorn!
I'll send an update with his thoughts, he visits next Thursday.

UK Power Networks have been. I'm still waiting on final dimensions for cut-out, but this looks like what the design might look like. I need to ring EDF to confirm minimum width allowed for meters. We are okay for height with meters, but fusedswitches are getting high.

Quote was £5,009 which was inline with my expectations, so happy with this. He is going to put 100A fuse to each flat/bedsit.

Any thoughts on layout?
Electric Intake1.jpg

Dimensions in bottom corner are origional cupboard size. I'm restricted by width, but not height with cupboard.

if it was me, i would use an individual box for each and use the piranha nuts for each gland to give yourself the best chance of keeping you Zs down

Electric Intake 3.jpg
Slight revision, Cut-Out is slightly bigger, I've also set meters directly on trunking to reduce overall height and lift lower switchfuses.

UKPower Networks and EDF have both approved design, but I would be greatful of any further suggestions.

Thanks

Attachments

• Electric Intake 3.jpg
    720 bytes · Views: 44
Last edited:
Looks good and well thought out, however supporting and terminating the SWA's into the 110M's is going to be tight

Also have you confirmed that a 10m clearance on the bottom of the Ryefield is ok with the DNO

Reply to Terminating SWA with Wylex REC Supply Isolators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net