• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've just watched a video on youtube about installing a bathroom extractor fan off of the light switch.

In it the guy says how much easier this is when you use Wago connector blocks rather than a ceiling rose (about 7 and a half minutes in). He's using Wago 3-way lever connector 222 blocks, but of course 3 of the blocks need 4 connections, so he's shoved 2 conductors into the same hole.

Is this safe / ok? I guess 5-way connectors wouldn't fit in the box, and (as far as I can tell) they don't sell 4-way connectors.

Any advice much appreciated.

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D

Definitely agree with this. If it's got two slots, it's meant for two conductors. Although he makes it look as if it's got a good connection. I don't think it really is.

I've often wonder myself, as I couldn't find any info on that subject on the WAGO site. I have experimented, putting two conductors into the same connection, tugging one or either conductor, can result in one coming loose from the terminal. I guess any slight discrepancy in the same conductor size can prevent a secure clamp of said conductor.

Much better to use the one conductor into single clamp connection, and use a Wago XL box to accommodate the larger clamp connectors.
Of course you wouldn't think of twisting two conductors together and use one clamp connection, would you :eek:

Thanks for the responses - I thought it was probably not a good idea trying to fit 2 into the same slot.

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

So you're going to need 3 x 4-way connector and 1 x 3-way connector, which will take up quite a bit of space. What kind of box would accommodate all of that?

If it's loop in (L/I), loop out (L/O), switch (S), light (L) and fan (F), you're going to need (these are standard size push connectors):-

1 x 6w (CPC - L/I, L/O, S, L, F)
3 x 4W (P/L - L/I, L/O, S, F) (S/L - S, L, F) (N - L/I, L/O, L, F)

They will fit quite comfortably in a standard Wagobox.

Reply to 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back