Discuss Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

asking for likes is so tacky and presumptious , makes you sound all needy and desperate ;-)
as a consolation i'll tell you to **** off instead.
its win- win for everyone lol.

To the O.P, admit to the customer that you may have broken the cover and you are prepared to pay towards the total cost of fitting a new one as it now must have one.

Either you pay for the C.U and they pay labour or the other way around.

<<<

if it is, i'll send him a proper troll badge.

a couple of 3" x 6's with penny washers . get on horse and ride off into the sunset.

Isn't this the same person who was overheating his drill and breaking SDS drill bits last week? Daz

Its not an example of my best english toolad sometimes it rolls of my tounge others times its like I cant speak the language.

Im gonna go with engineer 54 on this one. As I say theres no one living there, we are renovatting it if you will and then when its all done I guess the housing association moves someone in.

I was right about the RCBOS though? If they are used to look after the new kitchen ring and up and down stairs rings that have had work done on them it will save them the expense of a board changebut still make what ive done comply with regs.

Fingers crossed theysay yep change the board tho

- - - Updated - - -

yes DPG check this out howver

wait patiently for a pick

wall.png

well I had to put in a fused spur and tripple pole isolater and then a transformer for a bathroom fan. I didnt want to surface mounth it so set about drawing and the wall whewre the cbles are gonna go etc. having done that i took out my drill and 6mm drill bit put a bit of tape on it to se the depth and began drilliing little holes all along my pencil lines. I then grabbed my sds and chopped it out. It was all looking ok untill I checked the other side of the wall as I had craked some of it on the otherside. maybee I should have used my hand chisel instead of the sds for work like this.

would you guys have used a chisel and bolster for this or do some of you still use your sds but with a bit more skill and care then what I seem to have well I have the care imoyou might disagree but ...

if that wasnt bad enough .....

having chased everything out and ran the cables I thought I would save a bit of time on second fix and terminate the fused spur tripple pole isolator and transformer. It has damned on me however that the cables and oval conduit are yet to be filled/plastered so in thory im gonna have to un terminate it all as all the plasters just gonna fall behind the patress box/transformer and possible through the holes that were pumched out to feed the cables through. I could have deffo done with another sparky on site to ask me what the hell I was doing that day but at least im learning fast.

captain smith of the titanic learnt fast. didn't stop it sinking though.

It is a shame that you are attempting to learn the trade unsupervised in other peoples' homes. If you need to second fix before the plasterers have been, then simply fill a couple of inches above the backbox you've installed. Nothing anyone else does later on will affect you that way.

Reply to Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net