Discuss Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

seeing as ive never filled before what filler is best for the job. I could probably try a few over time and draw myown conclusions but maybee you could save me the trouble and point me in the right direction.

Try PolyFilla .............. contrary to what you may think it is NOT food for parrots !!!

how do you know you actually broke it? it was probably waiting for the next guy to take cover off and that happened to be you
hilti do a good glue it sticks anything or use chewing gum ;)

im just gonna put it in my sig

I cam out with city and guilds 2330 level 3 and my 17th eddition. im going to do my testing exams this year hopefully

Ok, how?

Also, did you just do the Full-time course ?

Because, surely you would have to have done an NVQ and the AM2 as part of the course framework.

(obviouslly not if it was years ago, but by the way you're talking - im confident you've only just come out of education.) If you're not winding everyone up that is.

sorry im genuinely not taking the **** here. I didnt do the nvq or am2 as I coulndt complete the nvq due to only being able to find work with a domestic installer, I could only meet certain instillation methods. I did the units I could but I couldnt show tray work or conduit for example so I coulndt meet all the requirments which is a shame. I also got stiched up big time. My assesor for the nvq could see I was struggling and said that I could go and work for him as he had a company on the side and had some boys working for him. I was amassed at the offer and took him up on it. He said if I take pictures of everything I do he will help me get round the site diary (nvq) well after about 8 months of doing all the donky work (not learning anything new at all) I asked him if we can make a start on the NVQ he kept saying to take pictures and we will do it soon. well another 6 months later he started to question my invoices saying I wsnt there when I was and luckly all the other sparks under his wing vouched for me. He then said hes quitting as an asseor as he doesnt get paid if the students fail it even though he might give up loads of time doing site visits and help etc. In the end he said hes not going to help me as he doesnt have the time and seeing as I was learning nothing new with him well i never actually got to work with him) i left as I was getting 50 a day before tax working 8 hours and having to pay for fuel which was an 80 mile round journy evey day.

when I completed the 2330 I couldnt get a job in the industry for a long while then all out of the blue I was asked to go to an interview from an agency and luckly somehow I got the job I was totally honest with them but it was a bit of a lucky break. previously I had been selling wall starter kits for 4.95 if they brough a pack of 48 lol and id sooner do this instead of that or any telephone job involving 200 plus calls a day.

I am trying and I do appreciate the help, big time

ive got another question again its not a **** take its a genuine query, here it is...

Ok so the house im in needs an outside light at the front of the house simple enough and this is how I was going to do it.

theres a light in the hall literally as soon as you open the front door there it is above you on the ceiling, its a pendant fitting. I was going to run either 1mm or 1.5mm twin and earth from this down to the switch. the brown would obviously go into the centre fitting (perminent live) (loop in loop out terminal) to the common of the switch then the blue I was going to terminate into the nutral of the rose and then a connector block inside the switch obviously the earth will go from the earth in the pendant to the earth terminal at the switch. then I would run a 1mm or 1.5mm cable to the light with the brown going from l1 to live at the light and neutral from the neutral in the connector block at the switch to the neutral at the light (2d fitting) earth to earth.

Is that how you would do it ?

ie said what I would do so hopefully you can see im having a go at explaining myself.

thas for any help

think you've got something right there. just try not to knock a brick out of the wall when you drill through.

Ive learnt on here that its best to drill from the outside in so not to damge the bricks, which was a hand little tip.

cheers tel for confirming Ive finally got something right, apprciate it

how do I know wether to use the 1mm or 1.5mm i usually go for the 1.5mm so im covered but I wouldnt mind knowing when I can get away with 1ml and when I cant

Reply to Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net