Discuss Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the electricians forum fast-track guide to installs
==============================

1. skip college , to straight to nearest 5 day part p centre
2. spend a fortune on testgear that you're not entirely sure how to use.
3. forget about onsite training , rock up to customers house in youre highly stickered van.
4. insist on new CU although you're only there to swop light switch.
5. make a complete hash of whatever youre doing and rush to the internet for help.
;-)

funny thing is I did go to college. dont worry all my damage will be made good. the new home owner wont know ive ever been there.

cheers guitarist, what could I use for this mate. I was thinking some cut up conduit or possible some expandable foam ....

im just gonna put it in my sig

I cam out with city and guilds 2330 level 3 and my 17th eddition. im going to do my testing exams this year hopefully

Jeez, I hope I don't end up living in one of these houses you guys are renovating. No offence. Just saying like. Daz

LOST!

brain.jpg

If found, please return to...

seeing as ive never filled before what filler is best for the job. I could probably try a few over time and draw myown conclusions but maybee you could save me the trouble and point me in the right direction.

for big holes use 1 coat plaster from b&q. it comes in 28lb. bags so you don't need to buy a cwt.

'Lofts' you are obviously a wind-up merchant. Good for a laugh though - keep us entertained. Daz

ins not exactly a big hole its just 3 chases 2 chases going behing a duel patress box for the fused spur and tripple pole isolator and the other chase for the cable feeding the tranny. Ive already mounted the patress box and tranny and teminated all the connections to save some time. my concern is that where the patress box and transformer box sits there is about an inch maybee 2 of chase behing it. when the plastercomes and covers over these chases plaster is just going to fall down the back and presumably keep doing so as i took out the cut out to feed my cables through. whats going to happen is that my boxes are just going to get filled with plaster if im nopt carfeull so I just wondered hat a possible solution would be. Im thinking tape up the cut outs as best i can and then fill it with filler as best I can.

cwt?

seeing as ive never filled before what filler is best for the job. I could probably try a few over time and draw myown conclusions but maybee you could save me the trouble and point me in the right direction.

Up until that sentence, I actually believed that you might be for real. :)

Reply to Ive broken the front cover to the consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net