Discuss vote for win a dream wedding worth 11k in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Voting has now ENDED so please don`t vote

Hi all on the forum

heres one for you
http://www.------------/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theboltonnews.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fboltonnews%2F8852357.Choose_the_happy_couple_to_have_their_dream_wedding%2F&h=1f463
my mrs says as i spend most of my time on here rather than talking about wires and sockets to post something worthwhile?;)

my partner and i have been planning to get married for most of the 14 yrs we been together to get married, we have been engaged for most of this time but with one thing and another it always gets put on the back burner

my eldest daughter suffers from dyslexia and learning difficulties and as a result is severly depressed

the other week she was on her laptop and decided she would enter us into a competition with the Bolton news and Bury Times for us to win a 11k dream wedding
she did this without our knowledge but as we were planning to make this the year we finally did it, we decided to play along thinking nothing would come of it and it would cheer her up

Then a letter arrived saying we had been selected to progress through to the last 30 couples and that we were invited to attend a informal interview at village hotel in bury, they sent a form for us to fill in some things about us as a couple so we went to the interview and then a few days later received another letter saying we had reached the final 15 couples
we will be in the bolton news tomorrow and the bury times on the 17th along with the other couples lol

if any of you would like to see me suffer or would kindly vote for us the couple with the most votes wins
you can vote by coupon out of the bolton news paper tomorrow the 14 th or the bury times on the 17th of feb
or i will post a telephone number and all the details tomorrow where if you would be so kind could vote by txt or phone for us to win
The winning couple will find out the result on the 6th of march at the Reebok staduim of of bolton wanderers football club, where we have to attend a bridal fayre the more votes the better
there are 25 prizes which make up the 11k win a dream wedding package

the 6 th of march is also the day 4 yrs ago 2007 when my father passed away
and also 3 yrs ago 2008 on the 6 th march my step dad passed away
in march last year i started the 2391 at bury college which i passed in june
and in march 2005 my partner went for a private operation which left her disabled and as a result i had to be her carer and we both no longer could work

i have been trying to get qualifications to finally after 24 yrs of giving up my apprenticeship to put it right what i messed up then at 16 i have worked in electrical installation on and off for the 24 yrs
i paid £4020 in 2009 for a private training course and the 2391 last year another £540 to set up self employed with no help from jobcentre or benefits system as they say i dont need to work and am exempt from looking for work, also there is no help with training or funding or finding work as i am a carer and not classed as unemployed i am now trying to get registerd with elecsa and register for the nvq2356 before it ends on the 31 st march at a cost of £900 more books etc
and all the cost of start up

so guys i will post all details tomorrow if you would consider voting for me to see me suffer hehe or just to see me get some better luck this 6 th of march then my partner and i would be ever so grateful and in all your debt lol:)

thankyou for reading and please feel free to vote as much as you like every vote will be appreciated
thankyou Brucelee (Karl Aldred and Andrea Ashcroft is the name of my future wife):D

right voting begun
if you would like to vote by telephone
tel 0901 151 0280 calls from BT 51p other networks and mobiles may vary or text by
texting WEDDING leave a space ad type 0280 then send to 80360
thanks for all your votes all greatly appreciated
voting ends midnight 25th feb and we will find out if we won at Reebok stadium Bolton on the 6.3.2011
cheers to all who vote and the messages on the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one Karl all my best wishes and fingers crossed mate. you deserve a bit of good news. i will deffo pop a vote in for you when you post the link.
going to stick it so its near the top and hopefully a few of us will send a vote or a few thousand your way :D btw i have a massive emaiing list and will forward it onto a fair few people bud.

Thankyou phil and Durham
dont worry mate i wont blame anyone always blame myself for any mistakes hehe!
sssshhhh dont tell the mrs

and as soon as i have details i will post tomorrow i will have to buy the paper mrs says she is going to buy all the bolton news from our local post office and asda then get people to fill in the coupons for a and then give them paper for free hehe
She has already been telling everyone on her facebook for the last couple weeks
i didnt think we would get through the first round never mind the final

thanks guys from my future wife and i

Karl . I hope you & the Misses get your Dreams . ( God knows you Deserve it ) I hope you get that lucky Brake mate . 100% with you on this One Karl .
Good luck on your Wedding . Yeah . hurry up & post the Link !!! Karl

Karl im not going to vote for you mate!!!! I like you too much to inflict marriage on you :D:D

ban-marriage-sm.gif

well all i have to say is;

A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he’s finished.

Marriage is give and take. You’d better give it to her or she’ll take it anyway.

You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to.

The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open.

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.

Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.

I’ve had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn’t.

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays

Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t, they’d be married too.

Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half-shut afterwards.

I never knew what real happiness was until I got married. And by then it was too late.

Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can’t face each other, but still they stay together.

too late mate
she already seen it lol

Is there anyway you can vote via the net I'm in Saudi mate but would love to vote for you. I've contacted my better half in the UK as we are in Kent, but as soon as you post the phone number she will vote as well ,so there is 2 and my mrs is going to get the daughters to call on the mobiles ............all different numbers so you'll get 5

Am putting this to you as Forum Member’s .

One off our Member’s need’s OUR Help Please . where you giving a Helping Chance in Life . stretch your Compassion Please “ Amber “

Dreams come Once in OUR life time . Make it work for Him .

PS . Karl .. Phil made me Say this your to Young to get Married ????? your Goodlady is taking advantage of your Good Nature . your only 21 . !

y'all get my vote mate. have to be from the phone/text as i the nearest i've ever been to bloton was once meeting fred dibnah at a steam rally

Thanks to all

here is the phone number which cost 51p from Bt mobiles and other networks may cost more
tel 0901 151 0280 this is our vote number

to text start the message by entering key word WEDDING leave a space and then key in 0280 and send to 80360
the cost will be 50p plus normal txt charges

Telephone and text voting lines are open from 9am today until the 25th of Feb midnight
you can vote as many times as you like all votes appreciated greatly

or vote by the Bolton News and fill in the coupon then post it costs 43p
we will also be in the Bury Times on Thursday 17th feb

the winner will be announced on the 6th March 2011 at the Reebok stadium in bolton

thanks again to all of you from my future wife, my daughters and I

Cheers to all of you

Amber if only I wish i was 21 again lol

also thanks to phil for making a sticky

Malcolm sorry mate but you can only vote by phone , txt or coupon from the relevent papers the Bolton news and the Bury Times
thanks for your kind words i cant believe we have got this far we now have a 1 in 15 chance

cheers to all and thanks for all your kind words
your votes are greatly received

Reply to vote for win a dream wedding worth 11k in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net