Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

S
Hello again all. I am about to to take on my 1st big job, so far i've added sockets lights ect but now i have the chance to do a rewire. It's a...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
At a student let today and pulled the main fuse at the cutout. This is a block of flats built in the 1950's. Expected a 1361 or an 88 but this is...
Replies
Views
BlueToBits
B
Hi I need some help I haven't work on star delta motors since my 1st year apprenticeship. How do you test the motor from the panel i.e check that...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All. I am curious to know what people would charge for installing a standard 17th edition split fuseboard in London. Bearing in mind you can...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a customer has bought some new sofa's where the reclining mechanism is electric and has asked me to sort a supply. easy except the...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all I know most people will say "chase it out by hand the old fashioned way" ☺ But, what is the quickest and easiest way to chase out socket...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
M
hi.. just wondering what would be the best way to do this... the coffee machine is on a 240 supply with a radial circuit going to it on a 32 amp...
Replies
Views
D
I am planning on taking up a course on the 17th edition wiring regs - 2382, and was curious as to how hard it was, baring in mind that i am on my...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
S
How many radial sockets can you run from a ring main? is the answer the same for a kitchen? But if you are working on someone house where the...
Replies
Views
SimpleSimon
S
M
Hi all i'm still doing my 2330 courses and am being instructed how to wire lighting circuits using a main feed and a strapper down to the...
Replies
Views
rumrunner
R
Hi all Just carried out two EICR in the last two days and found some observations just wandering what others would code them at. First EICR 6mm...
Replies
Views
I finished a small extension yesterday and used a Hager board for a change, I think they're decent quality and there were no problems with getting...
Replies
Views
I'm converting a warehouse that was an exhibition space into a trampoline park. Need to: Replace twenty flouro tube lights with LED equivalents...
Replies
Views
Hi does anyone know the type of the Federal “brown” 3871 breakers? The 3 poles have type 4 on them but nothing on the single poles? If they were...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
R
Just a quick question to all the qualified electricians out there...who would lke that only fully trained and qualified foilk can work on...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
RABEC
R
Looking at using a fairford synergy soft start unit as below to start a 45kw motor, just wondering what it means by connected in line, I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi........iv just completed a re-wire which is going to be signed off by another electrician because im only a 3rd year apprentice. I installed a...
Replies
Views
simonatlondon
S
G
at my place of work we have been having meetings over a 12 month period as regards redundancies, anyway about 8 weeks ago i got a letter stating i...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I am currently a teacher, but am looking for a career change. I just had some questions, I was hoping for some feedback on! 1. What...
Replies
Views
Excel Saga
E
W
I know its had to say without seeing the job but can anyone tell me how long they would expect it to take to complete the following rewire...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
andekoch
A
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock