Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Just now SSE meter installer rang to say he could not swap a tenant's meter because it had a "shared neutral". The meter is a pre-pay key meter...
Replies
Views
Doing a rewire at the moment, the alarm system is a concept 6, the panel is goosed so is to be replaced, well it would be getting replaced anyway...
Replies
Views
I read carefully BS7671, 17th ed., 521.9 and guidance note 1, Table F3 and F5, and no where does it say that flexible cords, such as HO7RN-F can...
Replies
Views
M
Morning all, been asked to to look at an old fusebox (Wylex) where the main switch has been burnt away due to a loose incoming live tail...
Replies
Views
U
Hello, Could you help me to find out the section where the steel wire protected cable (SWA) is mandatory for outdoor or buried use unless...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently on a level 2 C&G course at college with a bit of experience. I have to install a socket outside in the shed in my own house...
Replies
Views
Customer is looking to control some lighting from a remote/button, has anyone fitted anything similar, it's only for 1 circuit. I've installed...
Replies
Views
D
Although I started as a commercial electrician 10 years ago I have never had anything to do with fire alarm. The company I worked for over the...
Replies
Views
Hi there,I am in need of a bit of assistance with trying to trace a make for these sockets. They are flatplate antique brass I think but no idea...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I have a few installs coming up where I need to upgrade cu's and want to install isolators between DNO service head and new consumer...
Replies
Views
S
Just been handed by the boss a Honeywell Logic Six intruder panel to replace the existing one at a property that's being renovated, despite only...
Replies
Views
Spearmint
S
Hi all, Got a look at a job today in a traveling site, we are installing a supply to a static caravan! The supply is tncs to a metal clad d/b in...
Replies
Views
C
could anyone give me some advice on connection of a odyssey 1 bell box to a paragon super alarm panel. odyssey connections are, A...
Replies
Views
chopper
C
F
Hello all Can anyone answer this question please?. can you get the top feed in tariff if you make D rating with solar panels fitted. Many thanks...
Replies
Views
feebs73
F
M
Hi All I need to make up some temp power boards on some 3/4 ply. I remember a thread about these a while back that had some great pics on as...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back