Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
S
Hi all, Have been asked to price up job and a little unsure on the following. Currently the property is 1 big unit with a 100amp per phase, 3...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I am looking at a system that is supplied with a 3 phase supply and into a cabinet. Then external to the cabinet L1 and Neutral feed unit...
Replies
Views
Besoeker
B
D
Hi I'm Darren and I work as a apprentice for a manufacturing company. I was testing a 3kw 3-phase motor as it blew a fuse and when doing my IR...
Replies
Views
Hi Hoping someone knowledgeable can give me an idiots guide to power for an industrial unit we are leasing. Please bear in mind I have close to...
Replies
Views
D
Hello! I'm new to the forums and I'll be honest, I'm no electrician. I do however use the infrastructure provided by electricians, mainly in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I need your expert help in creating the internal wiring diagram of the motor with the following information we retrieved. I have...
Replies
Views
J
I've been trying to get hold of some of the above for a customer to replace their blown ones but can't for the life of me find 300mm T4's :( Has...
Replies
Views
S
Can anyone been ask to look at a mate sockets that tripping about every 30 mins to an hour. Any suggestion why??? Nothing new added.
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, I was dreading drilling a 32mm hole in the top of a Hager metal Consumer Unit for a 25mm Swa. There are square knock outs all along the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Some help if possible please. Recently (July) installed a Soft Start Control (Trip Class 20) to a 37Kw Mill Motor (Rated 74Amps) DO Delta...
Replies
Views
Question for someone... I have a 3P 1.5kw motor gearbox on a 5meter conveyor driven by a 3.7kw omron VFD, Frequency is set at 70/80hz (required...
Replies
Views
Hey, newbie here. I'm very experienced DIY, but just got into 3 phase motors this year. I bought several 3p motors at auction ranging from 0.5...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Thanks for the add, got a reasonable understanding but motors ant my thing. Trying to run a 3kw 3ph motor on a Alan Bradley Inverter...
Replies
Views
Star delta starter / motor problem. Starter starts runs as should on bench with no motor connected. Getting 230v to e on all 6 uvw 1s and uvw2...
Replies
Views
Hello all, after some advice please. I have got a small job installing some 16a commando sockets in a farm workshop. The workshop has a 3ph sub...
Replies
Views
O
Hi all, I have a machine that I believe was connected to 480v, I need to connect it to 208v. It is a German built machine with Seimens motors and...
Replies
Views
Question for someone... recently inspected a 3phase 415v supply socket and noticed it's protected by a 40amp 30ma rccb... Income supply only has...
Replies
Views
Why do they have the same bs en number? Allways fround this odd, and surely if they where unique to each other it would save the confusions on...
Replies
Views
S
Alright everyone, i just registered on here for this one post. Im a third year apprentice from glasgow and i can sit my trade test anytime after...
Replies
Views
sparky16
S
G
Is such a system (230 volt L-L) legal under BS7671 or IEC 60364? Do I need double pole switches for light fittings?
Replies
Views
Gardner
G
Myself and a colleague have designed, drawn and built this control panel. We've been working on the build for 4 months. Almost done. Is for a...
Replies
Views
Its my 40th birthday in 42 minutes time and my wife told me this evening we are expecting our 3rd child!!!!!! Its almost a year ago that we lost...
Replies
Views
L
Hi , We're currently refurbishing a large house and the customer wants to control all of the kitchen appliances from one central area e.g...
Replies
Views
Lofty
L
Hello all, I have been asked to reconnect a motor which has a manual star delta starting knob for clockwise/clockwise operation. The motor is...
Replies
Views
necam
N
I'm ready for the abuse but I think I'm having a brain fart.... I'm fabricating a small centrifuge oil panel, all materials are here for me, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a bit of a problem with a new generator when starting a 60hp motor. It's a 250kva generator with a 125A mounted plug, the plug is...
Replies
Views
K
Just a quick question for you lot. would you put 4mm t+e cable on a 32a mcb. or would you play it safe and stick it on a 20a mcb. thanks in...
Replies
Views
rumrunner
R
C
I have been asked to run a new circuit into a shop for a new lottery machine. Chap wants 3 x double metal clad sockets. I was thinking of running...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
S
Hi everyone, Hope your all getting ready for the big 2011 !! Just a quick question. Doing a quote for some kitchen lights and saw the kitychen...
Replies
Views
ukpablo
U
Does anyone know of a 50-Amp 1-phase cooker switch for a domestic job that would look nice alongside Hamilton flatplate brushed steel finish other...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
Hi all, After some advice. i have a run of 50mm 4 core on a farm to reinstate some GP buildings. 100A feed, with fused disconnect at the origin...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all I recently swaped a extractor fan over in a small office toilet. When finished I turned the toilet light on, only to find that the fan is...
Replies
Views
N
hi there, can anyone tell me the two times for a r.c.d. bs en 60010?
Replies
Views
T
Hi chaps. Been to look at a customers new property and its definitely a do-er upper, did a Ze and checked the main fuse before i left and it says...
Replies
Views
Carrying out and EICR on large factory and they have welding plug into 63 amp commando sockets but are protected by 30 amp BS 88 fuses. Now...
Replies
Views
J
hi all i ahve been reading up on tt systems am i correct in saying that a tt system can have a lower earthing conductor than a tncs or tns? can...
Replies
Views
B
was doing some work in a kitchen this week, there are 2 sockets that are run off the old cooker circuit, 6mm t&e into the first socket then 2.5...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to do a consumer unit change on a park home, 2x30amp 1x15amp 1x5amp, the supply form the meter is only 6mm, I am aware there are...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Half due to me slightly over sizing a cable and the terminals of the MCB being far to small, looks like i need to join 70mm and 35mm...
Replies
Views
I was doing a eicr today. Came across a shower 9.5 kW Mira ,which had been installed for at least 8years. its was brutally spurred off the...
Replies
Views
Hi people, Setup: Connect TPN supply from meter to 315A fuse switch (mounted on same surface <3m away) feeding busbar chamber. Will use 95mm...
Replies
Views
4kW Dahlander motor on Göckel G2 sharpener draws too much current evenly across all of the phases at slow speed (14 Amps instead of 8.5), keeps...
Replies
Views
M
whats in the test
Replies
Views
marty1234
M
A
Good morning, good people! I'd be very grateful for a current contact phone number of a named decision-maker in EDF's Microgeneration team...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
Hi guys and girls, I'm quite new to this so sorry if its in the wrong section. I just have a couple of questions one regarding qualifications and...
Replies
Views
D
First, apologies for the lengthy explanation that follows. What's more, I'm not sure that my questions fit into here, or the DIY bracket. Bump...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Been an electrician for 8 years now, but only an installations electrician for just over a year, been working with other electricians...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
P
Hi guys, I have been working in the mechanical industry for 13 years now as a mechanical engineer but have gained a lot of experience from...
Replies
Views
pinky
P
G
I was doing a few bits for my old chap and he was very impressed with the volt stick,so I gave him a spare and a socket tester.later on he was...
Replies
Views
Guest111
G
......of proving circuits are dead, properly. Changing one of two consumer units today. Both fed off Henleys; I diss the tails for the cu I'm...
Replies
Views
nickblake
N
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock