Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search for tools and product advice,
W
What price do sparkys on here charge to fit down lighters? My usual price tends to be £35 per down light plus the price of the light, I've just...
Replies
Views
a customer has some undercupboard lights (12) and they are all cracking and won't hold a bulb anymore (those small screw in ones) so they want new...
Replies
Views
M
The title says it all! http://www.amazon.com/Perisphere-And-Trylon-Games-Electrician/dp/B003UHAGM2
Replies
Views
Re-called to a job today. (Hate it when that happens) Motor overloads tripping on a 3ph. water pressure boost pump, but intermittently, not every...
Replies
Views
Dont understand instructions clearly, another forum member has just forwarded me the instructions and still confused? When taking Ze reading the...
Replies
Views
MarkieSparkie
M
O
I was fixing an intruder alarm and the customer said when you are finished that can you have a look at the electrics for my central heating as the...
Replies
Views
M
im looking for a little extra advice as i keep getting told different things. what im looking at doing is putting up 3/4 outside security lights...
Replies
Views
matt12321
M
Has anyone got a Metrel 3125 Eurotest combo multi function tester. Been given one at work to use on 2391 course and has no destructions and the...
Replies
Views
A
A customers gas meter is in the kitchen approximately 12m away from the Met which is located in the hall. The suppliers wont change the gas...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
W
Afternoon lads/ladettes, Got a 22kw compressor to wire in but the bugger has no where for me to gland off my SWA? Just a flexi grommet to poke it...
Replies
Views
wade88
W
B
Hi guys, can you please tell me what this type of switch is called as im looking for a replacement in the screwfix catalogue and cant find one...
Replies
Views
Swicade
S
S
Hey people sorry for the noobie question !! i have just completed my level 3 electrical installation course (still waiting for the certificate to...
Replies
Views
RISElectrical
R
B
Hi, just pricing up a job to convert offices into flats. Not looked at putting in electrical heating before. Any recommendations on storage...
Replies
Views
O
Got a couple of thread update emails last night, went to view them this morning but they appear to have vanished. Did the dialogue get heated...
Replies
Views
been asked to replace brass sockets and light switches to crome in a 3 bed house had a little look sat and when i removed 1 socket face seen there...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
T
I noticed an external contractor installing some SY in our factory the other day, and he wasnt using the traditional SY glands but what seemed to...
Replies
Views
theroadblock
T
L
Hi I'm in the process of ordering a popcorn machie from the USA. Here is the link to the site- Commercial Popcorn Popper | Vintage Style Popcorn...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have completed my domestic installers course and now need to register! I have read the sticky 'who are you registered with' and had...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
S
Anyone done the above exam? If so what questions crop up? I only need to know cos i am delivering the course soon, and i have had no success...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S
D
Hi I have a job to do in a school the room used to be a music room now they want it to be a ITC suite what are the regs with these rooms as I...
Replies
Views
Lighthouse Phil
L
D
Did a job today where I had a 6mm T&E on a 32amp retrofit MCB (re used old circuit) going into a RCD spur (13amp) then a 2.5mm going off to a...
Replies
Views
Guest55
G
T
Hi guys Just after a rough idea of how much it would cost to sort out a 3 bed end terrace, either full rewire and new board or at the very least...
Replies
Views
Current Affairs
C
Evening chaps, hope alls well. I am looking for some help in tracking down a niglon mcb. Got a job to do installing a new circuit and the previous...
Replies
Views
G
I'm working out a plan a house rewire where the supply comes into the garage. The trouble is that I dont want to just clip cables to the wall...
Replies
Views
L
hi ,my name is lee mcgrath,43 years old,looking for work,i am from leeds,i have 10 years domestic experience,2330 parts 2 and 3,and 17th edition...
Replies
Views
limagraar
L
hi all as this was a newone to me i thought id run it by everyone here. called to a job today to quote for new stairs lighting wiring (old...
Replies
Views
J
Good afternoon folks, i was helping out a fellow spark today as i often do and he often helps me when needed. We were doing a CU change on a...
Replies
Views
Guest55
G
G
I picked up a reference to this supplier on these here Forums as an excellent advancement in Home Automation Products....... LightwaveRF - Take...
Replies
Views
Graeme Harrold
G
Has anyone got any good tips/ methods for removing plastic screw covers from face plates without damaging the caps, or is it best to destroy them...
Replies
Views
Anyone tell me the BS number for the old ABB 2 pole RCBOs that fit the older wylex CUs.
Replies
Views
W
Good day fellow Electricians, I am just new in this field, I am currently working on a ship. Now, my problem I am having an earth fault on our...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
S
Hi all i am looking for a bit of advice on the rates of pay for a foreman and electricans in the newcastle area.The project is a new build bus...
Replies
Views
C
Just carried out a periodic on a childrens nursery (built 1994 not tested since), all tested ok but there are no RCD's. Extension leads laying...
Replies
Views
J
Elecricians wanted in stoke-on-trent, north wales and Aldershot please email me at [email protected] with details of experience immediate start.
Replies
Views
StuSpiers
S
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views
R
HI - can I just check something please? Where is the best place to put an earthing rod ? Would it be directly outside the front or back door, or...
Replies
Views
T
B
Have just registered for above scheme and a a question has arisen. The fact I am registering now suggests I have not been registered until now...
Replies
Views
sedgy34
S
P
hi all dose anyone know the next to test dates for the 2391 exam thanks chris
Replies
Views
B
I know we bond pipe work with earth clamps and 4.0mm earth cable. But does anyone know why some people coil up the earth conductor, making it look...
Replies
Views
StuSpiers
S
hi guys just going to start week 2 of course!!!! passed 17th edition and pat testing last week week 2 2392 really good course and i am...
Replies
Views
Parker07
P
D
Hi, I am looking to have some rewiring done in my house and want to know if it is possible to have a permanent step down light system in my...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever came across these 19 strand 25mm tails? Bought some from city's and my god it's lovely to shape and terminate into fuseboards, also...
Replies
Views
Can you get a dummy head (or cover) to fit a dusk to dawn photocell, for day light testing? Have a few to test, and was wondering if there was a...
Replies
Views
theroadblock
T
hi all quick question , have an outbuilding which has no extrenuous conductive parts (water,gas,steel frame construction) the supply is TN-C-S...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
Last week it was discussed how nobody is taking ownership of enforcing Part P. Just thought I'd quote this except from the "Electrician's guide...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, not as interesting as the heating engineer/plumbing thread, sorry but. i've recently installed a new CCU for my dear old mother, however on a...
Replies
Views
MarkieSparkie
M
R
Has anyone ever come across them? Initially, I was convinced that someone had wired the lighting in this house in SINGLES twisted perfectly...
Replies
Views
G
Hello i am a fully qualified electrician.I am wanting to work overseas on the oil rigs, i have my compexed booked in 3 weeks time the i will...
Replies
Views
guesty2uk
G
A
Hi all I have 48 x 6mm cables to entery the side of a building covered in metal clading. anyone have any suggestion of products to use to...
Replies
Views
G
Went down to help a friend today put some sockets in his office,small ring main with 8 twins on it.All wired in and do all the dead tests IR R1 R2...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock