Discuss Ross Kemp and the Armed please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think the citizens should be armed and it is a right anyway. At the moment the only people with guns are the criminals. Certainly the police should have guns routinely no question about it. It is crazy the only people who routinely have guns are the criminals and then we have to agonise as to whether we or the police should have the same?

Your correct. If only there was a country that done that so we could see how successful it is.

Oh yeah, there is. It is called America and their murder rate is off the scale.

I think there should be a new force attached to the police and the mod, but who have a normal day job. They would be armed at all times, would be on a pager or mobile and would be unknown to the public. If you had 5 in every town or city chances are they could stop terror attack pretty quickly with a minimal loss if life. I know this sounds like the ramblings of a mad man but it's not that different to 14 INT or MI6. I couldn't give a crap about inner city scumbags whilst they're only killing each other.

I totally get what you Dave about the scumbags, but what about innocent people. I'm not sure if you watched it, if not it's worth a gander.
Ross Kemp interviewed a woman who had recently lost her son to these scum bags, they basically went to his school waited for him and put him to work on the streets by force, when his mother found out she stopped him and took the drugs off of him and back to the scum bags who not much later walked into a playground and shot him in the head, he had done nothing wrong.

Just to Add, I'm not saying for one moment that all police being armed would have saved that boy on that day, but maybe if the lowlife knew there were active and armed officers about they may not have been so casual about it.

Last edited:
I went to Meadowhall last weekend and there were a couple of armed police patrolling in there, what surprised me the most was nobody seemed shocked or surprised, is it just a sign of the times.
I did say to the other half that I would rather have them there and not need them than the other way round.
They carry some bloody kit on them though, also very approachable guys, loads of kids going up to them saying hello and waving.

A friend was an MP guarding "restricted sites" I believe there was a shoot to kill order given at the time, not sure if it is still in force as there is a lot of deniability and no admissions by the Government.

The armed police have been in Meadowhall for a while now so I think people are just used to them. I did think about the innocent victims when I was commenting and probably shouldn't have put it.

John Claudes de mendes, aplogies if that is spelt wrong, his case says all about armed police.

So they chased him onto a train and shot him 5 times in the face with a pack of sandwiches and a copy of the sun in his rucksack?

So they chased him onto a train and shot him 5 times in the face with a pack of sandwiches and a copy of the sun in his rucksack?
Their xray specs had fallen off in the chase.
Very Funny, in fact hilarious, I am sure his family will laugh at your very funny Joke, haha.

The armed police have been in Meadowhall for a while now so I think people are just used to them. I did think about the innocent victims when I was commenting and probably shouldn't have put it.
It's fine mate, I'm all for letting the lowlife wiping each other out but it's the poor innocent ones that get hurt.

I have no doubt that those officers honestly believed they done the right thing.
Well they ended up in court, and to be fair they got away with it, but they were removed from fire arm duty and were told they would never be allowed to use a gun again, so make that as you will

Well they ended up in court, and to be fair they got away with it, but they were removed from fire arm duty and were told they would never be allowed to use a gun again, so make that as you will

A completely sensible decision. Their ability to make a decision on whether to shoot or not would be massively compromised in the future.

out of interest neil whats your defence regarding Ian Tomlinson?

No defence at all. I think the officer used a completely unjustifiable use of force.
Okay cheers, just wondered.

Reply to Ross Kemp and the Armed please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net