Discuss Ross Kemp and the Armed please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You cannot miss the head from 4 inches. It is not possible. So something is not right in that statement.

It is possible. Especially when your on the receiving and have no intention of getting shot in the head, even when someone else is holding you down. Dunno where this 4 inches comes from anyway?

I know very little about firearms, I have fired a shotgun and I own a couple of decent air rifles So I'm far from qualified but I would have to agree with Essex in that it must be close to impossible to miss someone's head from 4 inches away.

Another good point is I started the thread to see if any of you had seen the programme and your thoughts on it, I didn't want it to become purely about 1 person and should he have been shot or not, although it is worth talking about.
The real surprise for me with the programme was how the increase in armed officers was originaĺly because of the terror threat but is now used more for inner city gun crimes, it would appear now that they are kicking down approximately 3 doors a day related to gun crimes and not terror related.

Its not as if your going to be willing victim, in the ensuing struggle quite easy to miss something as small as a head, even at close range. Not sure where this 4 inches comes from.

The idea behind this particular tactic, was to approach the suspect from behind and shoot into the head at close range, preventing him from realising he was about to be shot, and giving him time to initiate his device.

In the Menezes incident, the tactic was slightly altered. Shooting the suspect in the torso, could of initiated the device, or not incapacitated quick enough.

Another good point is I started the thread to see if any of you had seen the programme and your thoughts on it, I didn't want it to become purely about 1 person and should he have been shot or not, although it is worth talking about.
The real surprise for me with the programme was how the increase in armed officers was originaĺly because of the terror threat but is now used more for inner city gun crimes, it would appear now that they are kicking down approximately 3 doors a day related to gun crimes and not terror related.

It is on the increase. Just yesterday in our little sleepy town, a local post office shop was robbed at gun point (allegedly).

Why its on the increase, I don't know. Is it part of the immigration of foreign gangs, or just criminals have easier access to weapons?

There was one guy, Slough area I think, who was convicted of reactivating firearms and converting them. Sold onto criminals. He had a little workshop in his garage. Not some ----, but a 'normal' guy making ends meet.

Another incident I recall, was a chap killed on his moped in a crash. Cops were trying to trace him and his next of kin. Located his property, on a remote bit of farmland, collection of caravans & sheds etc. Whilst they were looking for details of next of kin, they came across unlicensed firearms, loads of them. Wasn't know if he was into selling them, a just a collector maniac.

Another incident I recall, was a chap killed on his moped in a crash. Cops were trying to trace him and his next of kin. Located his property, on a remote bit of farmland, collection of caravans & sheds etc. Whilst they were looking for details of next of kin, they came across unlicensed firearms, loads of them. Wasn't know if he was into selling them, a just a collector maniac.

There were a lot of 'surplus weapons left lying about ' after WW2, many of them used in farming communities . I suppose it is feasible that many could still be concealed in remote areas yet to be discovered.

There were a lot of 'surplus weapons left lying about ' after WW2, many of them used in farming communities . I suppose it is feasible that many could still be concealed in remote areas yet to be discovered.
Lots of weapons/ordnance was stolen and sold on, plus all the trophy weapons, like Lugers etc etc, for some reason which I will never know my Uncle in the UK (since passed away) has a Japanese officers sword hanging in his study.

Some need to refresh their memory of the events leading up to and what happened on that day Death of Jean Charles de Menezes - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jean_Charles_de_Menezes
We know that some of live in London and have lived and grown up with these threats day in and day out, but at the end of the day an innocent man was killed.

Soldiers are being hauled in for questioning for things that happened in NI 40 years ago but the Police get away with it.

This particular chap had a penchant for collecting. Collected his own pooh & kept in the fridge, shed loads of magazines, ---- memorably, Beatrice Potter books & some large live shell casings, amongst other things. Quietly living his life aware in some copse.

We know that some of live in London and have lived and grown up with these threats day in and day out, but at the end of the day an innocent man was killed.

Soldiers are being hauled in for questioning for things that happened in NI 40 years ago but the Police get away with it.

Slightly different set of circumstances. In this incident, they were authorised to carry out this shooting.

The person(s) who provided the intelligence, and those that gave the authority perhaps had a case to answer.

Firearms commander that day...…….Cressida Dick.

This particular chap had a penchant for collecting. Collected his own pooh & kept in the fridge, shed loads of magazines, ---- memorably, Beatrice Potter books & some large live shell casings, amongst other things. Quietly living his life aware in some copse.
Damn I have some live shell casings somewhere and my Aunt in Poland in her summer house has a stack of white plates with a Swastika on the underside.......... we is un der suspicion.......

Damn I have some live shell casings somewhere and my Aunt in Poland in her summer house has a stack of white plates with a Swastika on the underside.......... we is un der suspicion.......
better not allow any Greeks near them plates then.

So I've just watched the first episode. What can I say other than scary times, it was based in the Midlands this week, it is frightening how many guns are on our streets and how many youngsters are prepared to use them.
Talking to several Armed officers it became clear that they believe all police officers should be armed with at very least a sidearm.

I constantly cling onto the hope that we are a better country than most and it scares me that if all officers are armed we will end up like America, having said that Ross raised a good point by saying why should we expect our police to respond to armed criminals whilst not armed themselves.
I don't know if they should all be armed but I realistically think it will end up that way.
What are your thoughts!!!
Sorry in advance, I was in the please force at School, please Sir can I be excused, I did apologize.

Reply to Ross Kemp and the Armed please in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net