Questions and electrical advice in the UK Electrical Forum - UK Electricians Forums > Electrical Forum for UK Electrical Rules, Regulations and UK Laws. Electrical Theories, Wiring Diagrams and More. DIY and Professional Electricians are Welcome..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

A
Is this within the regs? I can't get the thread of the gland through the box to get the banjo inside. I wanted to use the swa but if not will rely...
Replies
Views
Hi, Nice easy one, I have a gas pipe, its metal, but painted, no supply to properly, its just capped, but live. As for bonding, what would you...
Replies
Views
R
Anyone in London/Essex with a 60 amp main cut out fuse. Please let me know ASAP.
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
I watched this vid on Youtube. Interesting. They have 3 phase supplies. Does anyone know the cost of upgrading from a single to a 3 phase...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I recently replaced an old rewirable fuse board for metal split load rcd board. However on testing prior to replacement I noted that one...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
S
I have been in contact with my local AM about the need for a legal requirement for all rental properties to contain RCDs to protect against...
Replies
Views
W
Hi everyone, I'm sure this topic has been risen plenty of times. I'm a qualified electrician and I am going to replace a consumer unit for a...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can please help with strange (to me) issue I turned lights in last night in my home & they came on & then went off. But all apart...
Replies
Views
Does main bonding in every circumstance always need to be under 0.05. main bonding in a house where the main water was moved has 10mm cable but...
Replies
Views
Evening chaps.. I have just fitted some downlights in a bathroom and needed to give them RCD protection as there was none. I fitted the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Seeing as it's Friday thought it'd be a bit of fun to play a drinking game:D (Alcohol is optional) Basically someone says never have i...
Replies
Views
Agreed a job to change half a dozen internal light fitting and one external light fitting,turned up this morning, was told the house had been...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hoping I could get some independent advice on here. We've just bought our first property and had to get a full house rewire on the...
Replies
Views
I had an electrician come to do a safety check at my property that I let out last week and he has recommended that remedial work should be done at...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all, I am doing up my flat, which is quite a large space, about 150 spot lights and 65 plug sockets (now 95). My Electrician started on...
Replies
Views
The Ring is dead, long live the Radial!⚡ When wiring socket outlets do you: 1. Use ring final circuits 2. Use radial circuits
Replies
Views
B
Does anyone know anywhere in the regulations that it states I have to use capping to protect cables when embedded in plaster as I am currently on...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am tomorrow going to be changing a consumer unit ahead of my Elecsa assessment next week. Just wanted to check that I'm not missing...
Replies
Views
B
Hi Guys, Time to spill. Whilst on a job what have you seen or done??? My husband wont be home till 5?!?!?!? Be honest peeps
Replies
Views
O
Pretty much as the title says - lots of us have opinions but seeing as BEAMA seem to have ruled out plastic CU's lets have a poll - so please add...
Replies
Views
has anyone pre ordered the new books yet and weres the cheapest place to get them was tempted to order mine on amazon £130 for the reqs,on site...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I just had my distributer box upgraded to an RCD box, and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the quality of the work done...
Replies
Views
This poll is for all Forum members. Please read the poll carefully and then choose the best description in the context of your membership of the...
Replies
Views
N
Hi We have just spent quite a lot on having a new kitchen in another part of our house. This was a complete installation including new electrics...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, a newbie requiring advice. I have been asked to fit a fan within a bathroom with the following constraints: 1. fan needs to work in...
Replies
Views
Derailed another thread with AFDDs, so I am starting this one. I will simply say that UK RCDs and MCBs provide arc fault protection as is. UL not...
Replies
Views
Hi just a question, this morning I noticed a 2 gang socket had no power to it, went to check the fuse box/electric meter in the cupboard... and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, been to look at a rewire today and no earth connection at all. Tried to contact supply company to enquire weather the property is connected to...
Replies
Views
Stroppy
S
Please help. I have a basic understanding of electirics, but 5 Electricians are stumped and I don't know where to go next. My mother in law heats...
Replies
Views
D
Hey guys. I am am a self employed electrician from the island of Guernsey, small island in between England and France. I have been going for my...
Replies
Views
lol we get a mention at about 1:20 View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ledZlVN2h6k CJR Electrical Seems to have an issue or two. CJR Electrical
Replies
Views
Just wondering what everyone's pet hates are. You know, those things that really get on your ----. I went to a job last week and there was a...
Replies
Views
Im sure this has probably been asked before in this forum but ive just upgraded a fuseboard today and found no earth in the lighting (two core)...
Replies
Views
Hi All Recently joined the forum to ask for some information. I recently bought a flat to let. I was advised by the letting agent to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. I cut one of the cables on my ring circuit, attached the 2 now separate ends to a new 30a junction box, and then run 2 additional spurs...
Replies
Views
just been to a job , saw that the shower 9.5 kw is on 6mm t&e the cable goes in the wall and under floor boards ,No insulation, to the board (A...
Replies
Views
Megavolt
M
G
80amp main switch RCD, occasionally trips when a couple of circuits are switched on (doesn't matter which circuits) with nothing plugged in. IR...
Replies
Views
Respected member and forum mentor, I just wondered what each one was and what the difference is. And can I have one of each. I've also seen some...
Replies
Views
Put this in today, I hope it doesn't burst into flames.:tongue3: Didn't have the time to faff about and get the cabling 'perfect' as I had so much...
Replies
Views
Hi guys whats your take of how many EICRs can be done properly in a day average of 5 to 8 circuits ranging from 1 bed flats to 3 bed houses?? This...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to be connecting an out door power supply, away from the building, its all metal casing. The supply is 10mm, I am using a 3 core...
Replies
Views
I am genuinely interested to see what others thoughts are on this matter. Hypothetically speaking, the government disbands the current scam...
Replies
Views
Hi guys new to the forum after bit of advice. My family are installing a new shed in the garden and require a lot of power ie few sockets, lights...
Replies
Views
Surely every member is respected. It sounds ever so cliquey. I think in the current times when everybody should be totally equal, denoting...
Replies
Views
S
Hey just wondering if anyone has got any nice simple examples in the form of questions that you can offer in regards to working out earth...
Replies
Views
N
As announced yesterday the ECA and ESC have formed a new partnership for the good of the industry. From April next year the NICEIC and ELECSA...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
I have a electronic board with leds (made by me) that is driving a relay. When that relay is closing it’s contacts, is actually switching the...
Replies
Views
Question I have is, is it ok to have x2 ring main circuits on one 32amp type B MCB?? If so does this meet the current regs. TIA.
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock